Hello to all the Expats and Memories group

vhopkinson

As I sit here reading you Aussies with your summer, while I look out my window at yet another Connecticut blizzard, I wonder if I didn't go in the wrong direction. This is a state of mind which will not last however. April will come, the Redsox will win another world series, the cover will come off the gas grill, and the lawnmower will run again dammit!

Originally posted by buck

As I sit here reading you Aussies with your summer, while I look out my window at yet another Connecticut blizzard, I wonder if I didn't go in the wrong direction. This is a state of mind which will not last however. April will come, the Redsox will win another world series, the cover will come off the gas grill, and the lawnmower will run again dammit!

Dare I say it ? Who are the Redsox ? Remembering I'm not a typical Aussie.

Sorry but you can keep the blizzards, suffered enough of the cold in England. I prefer the air conditioner on our hot days.

But - as they say, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it ?

Originally posted by Banksia

Dare I say it ? Who are the Redsox ? Remembering I'm not a typical Aussie.

Sorry but you can keep the blizzards, suffered enough of the cold in England. I prefer the air conditioner on our hot days.

But - as they say, it wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it ?

Forget the warm stuff..I've just been through a week of misery, not seen the sun for a week, just drizzle and heavy cloud..but yesterday the sun came out and it is great..

the daffs are coming up.."Frosty" a bit in the mornigs Spring is just round the corner, Blue Tits are visiting the nesting boxes in my fir tree..Blackbirds are on the scrounge for breadcumbs..and all in all things are looking good..English weather is a lot like life

(You don't appreciate the good times without the hard times)..well! it gives me a lift anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Banksia

Where in Oz are you V ?

For Banksia.

Sorry Banksia, Just checking the pages I missed in January .

Still not following the threads real clever. Anyway I live in Lake Macquarie . Thanks for asking will try to look out for you in Forum

Regards Vera.

Hi Vera

I wondered where in Australia you lived, In Austalian terms quite near my son. I've flown over lake Mcquarie in a Twin

Otter from Sydney to Beaumont Think that's the right name. It's a small airport near Newcastle. Used to visit Lemon Tree Passage and Mallabula. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Hazel

Originally posted by hazel

Hi Vera

I wondered where in Australia you lived, In Austalian terms quite near my son. I've flown over lake Mcquarie in a Twin

Otter from Sydney to Beaumont Think that's the right name. It's a small airport near Newcastle. Used to visit Lemon Tree Passage and Mallabula. You live in a beautiful part of the world.

Hazel

Hi There Hazel

My goodness you flew over my place just about. It,s BELMONT only 5min away. It,s Pelican airport about 10min from where I live passed there only this afternoon visiting my daughter. Talk just now of closing it down too. You would have had a great view of Lake Macquarie. Been to Lemon Tree passage a fair bit too. I,d say that would be about half an hour away It,s nice at Mallabula. Hope you had a good trip when you came any chance you may come again. My sister used to come regular but she died only a few weeks ago

Regards Vera

Sorry to hear about your sister Vera, was she a Killamarsh resident too.?

that's right it was Pelican I remember now

I visited Oz last about 2/3 yrs ago My son's father-in-law lived at Mallabula at the side of the ? Hunter river / Pacific Ocean?

I thought it looked like paradise, if I had won the Lottery I could thiink of no better place to live and the prices were within reason without a lottery win.

Together with neigbours they had built a jetty, concreted one side of it so cchldren could paddle, while they fished off the end.

The other side they lef for their boats.

An unbelievable way of life to me

Hazel

Guest poppins

banksia

I wore bottle green, with a pocket,

I went to the Convent School, Notre Dame. Straw hat too in the summer.

We were too ladylike to do Games in our knickers so we had to wear dresses with splits up the side. (plus the green knickers with the holes in them )

Hazel

Hazel

Did you go to the Convent High School on Burngreave Rd ?

my sister and i both went there, my older sister went to Notre Dame, straw hat and all.

Guest poppins

Hi Poppins,

I was a scholarship child from the council estate, at Notre Dame.

I think the only child there on free dnners or so it seemed.

How old is you sister?

hazel

I think she's in her early 70s, she was Marie Kynes then.

Archived