Sheffield Ski Village

Jon

Cheers Cyclone. I went to Ski Village when I was a bit younger to try some skiing as part of a college course. I was so unhealthy back then I couldn't stand back up!

If anyone is interested in a partner to go to some lessons with, send me a PM :thumbsup:

Sheffield Ski Village is rubbish!

I've been skiing and snowboarding since I was 4 and I've been lucky enough to go to the Alps every year. Tried the Ski Village but the slopes aren't slippy at all, you don't go anywhere.

Also, if you fall over it f**king hurts! Not like snow. The slopes are made up of hexagonal grids and I got my finger caught in one and bent it all the way back! :gag: Ow.

I 'learnt' to snowboard at the Ski Village when i was 12, i say 'learnt' but its completly different to snow. (the first time i went on snow i broke my arm cos of a skiier) ....I dont recommend it, the trainers at SSV dont have much patience and i had a teacher there who was terrible! The best person there has left and i think he was Polish.

As for starting boarding on nursery slopes its really good, fun but tiring ( i dont want to contradict myself too much) but in my opinion your better off skiing, or use wrist guards if you do decide to board.

Sex kitten is right ^ ^ ^ it hurts!! most of the diamond mats have been replaced, but you go nowhere?? thats a lie!!! sometimes i cant stop!

its 4 hours for the price of one at the mo, if you sign up for their newsletter thing. i went on fri and was knackered hehe.

Scruff-- if you are the scruff i know, then make sure you start learning with uni this year it saves u loads on lessons! take advantage now or you'll end up regreting it later

Are you saying that you don't recommend breaking your arm, or you don't recommend learning at the ski village?

I've never seen many people with wrist guards, and never used them myself, just remember not to stick your arms out when you fall over and you'll be okay.

Most of the dendex has not been replaced, the main slope is still dendex from the look of it.

I 'learnt' to snowboard at the Ski Village when i was 12, i say 'learnt' but its completly different to snow. (the first time i went on snow i broke my arm cos of a skiier) ....I dont recommend it, the trainers at SSV dont have much patience and i had a teacher there who was terrible! The best person there has left and i think he was Polish.

As for starting boarding on nursery slopes its really good, fun but tiring ( i dont want to contradict myself too much) but in my opinion your better off skiing, or use wrist guards if you do decide to board.

Sex kitten is right ^ ^ ^ it hurts!! most of the diamond mats have been replaced, but you go nowhere?? thats a lie!!! sometimes i cant stop!

I went last wednesday with my buddy, we hit it for 2 hours @ £14, and shared the slope with 1 other boarder! If you can get to grips with the matting (you goto be extra carefull with your carves) then it's all good, I recon if you learn on that stuff you'll be amazing on real snow. Just take wrist guards, gloves and knee pads if you have em, oh yeah, and as mentioned, don't take your own board, it'll get destroyed (rental is inc in the price)

Are you saying that you don't recommend breaking your arm, or you don't recommend learning at the ski village?QUOTE]

Both!!

If you really want to learn and go abroad to use it, fair enough have a few lessons on fake matt stuff -Ski village, but learn proper over there, nothing beats real snow. I only go to Ski Village to practise if we go away skiing- which happened once.

Hi everyone

Very interested in all your tips. I went snowboarding in Andorra for first time in March and had beginners lessons out there. My mate had few lessons before we went ondry slope and she said it didnt help her at all. Going again next year and was wondering if anyone knows anything about refresher lessons at Castleford- Thanks in advance :-)

Archived