Sheffield Ski Village

Jon

Went ther tonight......whats going on its like the land that time forgot!.

Come on its just getting to the time of year when people want to practice and maybe have a pint after at the 'village pub' (what thats all about).

Get the weeds cut back and the place cleaned up......i useto go 2 or3 times a week and on sunday with mates we spent 200 quid ish......i dont think so in its current state!

Oh and if you arnt sure....i am not a happy booshy

Hi pinklady.....its still in the state they let it get to just before refurbing....ie opening up the new slopes.

The mat is worn and in places broken!!! steel wire sticking out

The big slope is still only open 3/4 of way up

The nursery slopes on the left are closed

Shall i go on?......i love to go there to board blade and ski but without the investment i am off to castleford and thats a big shame for sheffield.

What do you think off that then

• 6 months later...

Has this now closed? Recently been trying to organise a group snowboarding lesson and have emailed them through the website and tried ringing but no response. Has it finally been put up for sale, cant see anyone on it from infirmary road.

If it has where else would you recommend thats nearby

:cool:

We did a piste and feast earlier this month and had no problems - excellent night. Might be having a technical problem, so maybe better to check again.

If they have finally gone under then your best bet is Castleton (expensive, but real snow) and there is a dry slope at Halifax too. Have fun, and please WEAR WRISTGUARDS. :)

We did a piste and feast earlier this month and had no problems - excellent night. Might be having a technical problem, so maybe better to check again.

If they have finally gone under then your best bet is Castleton (expensive, but real snow) and there is a dry slope at Halifax too. Have fun, and please WEAR WRISTGUARDS. :)

Surely you mean castleford? the Xcape?

Archived