Sheffield Ski Village

Jon

Used to work there so didn't pay a bean :)

If you don't fancy paying the daft prices and have some time free you can always work there 6 hours a week as a boot monkey/patroller etc. and they'll give you a staff lift pass - basically free slope use whenever. Otherwise join what used to be the Moritz club - think it's Snowsports Unlimited or something now for £55 a month or so - still not cheap but if you go a lot ain't too bad :)

I haven't been riding there for ages now, shame 'cos I used to be nearly day - used to be a good laugh :D

The circular (8/9) will probably get you fairly close (goes down crookesmoor road and up Rutland Road I think). Having said that it used to be an awful service when I used to use it many years ago. Perhaps it has since improved.

Nomme

Just to make you feel better, My mate broke her leg doing this in France on New Years Eve. After an op to put pins in her leg she is still on crutches and will be for at least another month. Nice thought.

Hmm, those skills dont always cross over from one situation to another.

Spent years learning how to take a fall well, then slipped slightly on a wet tree root last year and shattered my ankle.

You cant always fall well, as you point out! :(

But dont let it stop you! Dont get 'The Fear' like I have!

The 53 stops at the bottom of the road up to the ski village. Still a fair walk from there though. And yeah, you'd have to go into town to catch it.

I've been going to the Ski Village a fair bit recently. I walk from Walkley- not as bad as it sounds- only about 35 mins walk. Buggery hills unfortunately. Certainly the fastest way apart from using a car. Not the nicest of areas to be walking through in the dark though.

Bring on the cable cars!

Archived