Sheffield Ski Village

Jon

any practice at falling over has got to be better than none.

So far i've only been on the nursery slope, but it still stings if you go over backwards at the fastest point. At least I know to keep my head tucked in!

I once tripped over a fence running away from a firework i'd just lit. Very amusing, lucky there was space at the other side so i rolled out of it and looked embarrased.

Originally posted by nomme

The circular (8/9) will probably get you fairly close (goes down crookesmoor road and up Rutland Road I think). Having said that it used to be an awful service when I used to use it many years ago. Perhaps it has since improved.

Nomme

Nope the service hasn't got any better!!! Thank God I have a car now!!! This bus service is your best bet if you want one bus, if not get off in town and get the 53.

Hey, my name is Ollie and im now an ex-professional snowboarder. I first started up at the Ski Village in '96, and your right its bloody scary when you see someone **** loads better than you drop in just before you. But in all truth (and i havn't been up there in a while now) but if the scene is still roughly the same as when i was up there along with Cooper, Rob, Terrence (when he first started, that boy is killin it now!!! Great kid too!) Mark Hartley etc..you should be fine. What youve gotta think is everyone has been at your level at some point and EVERYONE knows how it feels to be scared! If someone gives you **** cos your not as good as them...punch 'em in their face, see how much they snigger then! No really, have a word with some of the guys like Rob or Terrence and just ask if you can ride with them. I GUARENTEE they wont say no as they are cool as ****, and if they do say no, tell them i said they had to! PLUS if anyone does give you **** and they are just stood around, that usually shows that they arent that good either but just wanna look good infront of everyone.

Snowboarding should be about fun (which is why i quit, as my sponsors made it not fun anymore through pressure) and certainly not about worrying what others think. Ive ridden with the like of Jussi, Shaun White, Mikey Leblanc to name a few, these are some of the best guys in the world....yeah they kicked my ass but we had so much fun and i learnt alot from them as it makes you push yourself more!!!

Just go enjoy yourself, chances are if your havin a fun time people will wanna come ride with YOU!!

Take it easy

Ollie

• 2 months later...

Archived