Sheffield Ski Village

Jon

Originally posted by jacquiB

I am a Parish Councillor from a small village in Northumberland that may be getting a ski village along with various other sporting attractions like golf courses etc. We are a bit worried about the noise the indoor ski slope would generate as houses would be very close. Does anyone have any comments?

noise? what sort of noise or what source of noise are you anticipating?

While our ski village is still outdoor,

I used to go up regularly when my brother worked there, and it wasn't noisy at all. The matting would obsorb sound a little like snow would. You would hear the occasional scream, but compared to a nearby main road the disturbance would be negledgeable. As long as they don't start having tannoy announcements all the time or loud background music, I think you will find the facility very quiet.

A certain amount of people in Sheffield will complain that there are too many young teens and adults hanging around on the streets which can intimidate people. A ski village has and can attract young active people and keep them out of trouble, and give them something interesting to work towards. After all, how many times have you seen the winter sports on the telly and seen a snowboarder and thought ' i wish i could do that!!!'

I am a skier/snowboarder myself and think its an excellent hobbie to keep up and enjoy over many many years.

It doesn't cause any noise pollution, it attracts people from surrounding cities and will give your town/city good reviews.

Thumbs up if you ask me!

Climaxchick xxx

• 2 weeks later...

Archived