A Reason For Suicide.

You probably needed to do a search for this thread judging by the time since last post before yours. If its because you may be thinking dark thoughts then drop me a pm.

Ill be happy to talk to you :)

Peace and love :)

Everyone always says that suicide is selfish, but is it not more selfish to want a loved one to continue a life of misery just so that we don't have to go through the pain of losing them? I'm not saying it's right, just playing devils advocate. I've been on the brink of doing it in the past and it was only the thought of hurting the people I love that stopped me - I found it preferable to live in misery rather than hurt my family. I'm glad I had something like that to stop me though because jabbers is right, nothing stays the same, things get better (and then worse, then better again :)).

When you are in that "dark place", it's a case of holding on to the idea that you'll get through it, and yes, as has been said, that things will improve.

It isn't easy, as, sometimes, it feels like your hold on things might be tenuous.

Agree. It is not selfish. It is hardly a light-hearted decision one makes to take one's own life. The extent of the pain of the world in which they live must be incomparable. I am sure that people who take their own lives have agonised over the effect it will have on their loved ones too.

Never contemplated it myself, so don't feel too qualified to comment. However, I guess, some of us find inner strength to face whatever life throws our way, and some don't.

I do feel it is unacceptable to speak badly of those who commit suicide. Unless you have been in someone's shoes, locked inside someone's world of turmoil, how can we judge? They have their reasons.

Archived