Centertainment parking

I think I might be turning into a grumpy old man :), but here goes:

Tried watch a film at Cineworld a couple of Saturdays ago, but the car park was full. Really ram jammed - cars parked on pavements, the lot. By the time we found anywhere to park it was so late we just gave up and went home. It's been pretty busy (but not quite as bad) a couple of times before as well.

To be honest it puts me off going to Cineworld and I'd now rather go elsewhere - have I just caught it on a couple of bad nights, or is it regularly like this?

It's always like that at weekends. If we go I tend to take one look at the carpark, decide it's not worth driving round and round looking for a spot and head straight to Meadowhall Retail Park to park and just walk round. Only takes a few minutes and is far better for my blood pressure.

Oh good - it's not just me then. I found out that the retail park is obviously the place to park but only after about 25 minutes of being stuck and trying to find a space elsewhere.

I've sent an email off to Cineworld and Centertainment with some relevant comments! There are more important things to worry about in life, but it marred an all too rare night out for my wife and me.

Cineworld don't actually own the carpark, so there is probably very little they would be able to do, you need to put pressure on the centertainment site, as they should be preventing arena vistors from parking in the carpark, as well as ticketing people who park on the pavements etc.

Also, as an employee at the cinema, it does get busy at weekends, particularly if there is something on at the arena and we have a big release. Your best bet (if you don't want to walk all the way from meadowhall retail park), is to get there early, buy your tickets before the queues get manic, come upto the bar for a calming drink (served by moi!), and thus actually enjoying your evening, rather than stressing :)

I think I might be turning into a grumpy old man :), but here goes:

Tried watch a film at Cineworld a couple of Saturdays ago, but the car park was full. Really ram jammed - cars parked on pavements, the lot. By the time we found anywhere to park it was so late we just gave up and went home. It's been pretty busy (but not quite as bad) a couple of times before as well.

To be honest it puts me off going to Cineworld and I'd now rather go elsewhere - have I just caught it on a couple of bad nights, or is it regularly like this?[/quote

Ive had the same problem a few times before, it seems to be people parking there for Sheffield arena, as it's free, rather than paying at the arena car park

Archived