Centertainment parking

To be honest it puts me off going to Cineworld and I'd now rather go elsewhere - have I just caught it on a couple of bad nights, or is it regularly like this?

Unless you're going midweek in the day, it's always been a nightmare in my opinion.

I don't really bother with going to the cinema anymore these days, parking is too much hassle and I have a better setup at home.

I don't understand why Centertainment don't set up some kind of ticketing system whereby if you use a venue you get a ticket for the parking. If you can't show one on exit (ie if you've been to the Arena, which is the reason for 95% of the times the car park gets overflowing) you have to pay a significant fine. That way customers of Centertainment would get spaces pretty much all the time except occasional weekends and very busy times of the year (e.g. big film releases).

It's probably a lot of tram users using it as a free park & ride too.

There's LOADS of these that park all day outside ALDI on the retail park so shoppers have to weild heavy unruly trolleys miles with their shopping.

Inconsiderate I say - clamp & crush all offending cars. Especially the ones that smell of smokers :D

Cineworld don't actually own the carpark, so there is probably very little they would be able to do, you need to put pressure on the centertainment site, as they should be preventing arena vistors from parking in the carpark, as well as ticketing people who park on the pavements etc.

Also, as an employee at the cinema, it does get busy at weekends, particularly if there is something on at the arena and we have a big release. Your best bet (if you don't want to walk all the way from meadowhall retail park), is to get there early, buy your tickets before the queues get manic, come upto the bar for a calming drink (served by moi!), and thus actually enjoying your evening, rather than stressing :)

Hello Nikki :)

You said it gal. We have no control over it, but then again on a Saturday the car park can fill just with our punters (not the Arena), especially if there is a big new release like Cloverfield out.

Yep emailed both Centertainment and Cineworld with my comments. I would have thought the restaurants and other facilities there are not best chuffed when car parking is so tight, and I would imagine Centertainment charge Cineworld a fair bit for the privilege of siting their cinema there. Nikki, thanks for your kind offer :-) it's tempting but the risk of clamping plus cheaper cinemas and easier parking elsewhere might just prove a winner for me.

• 9 months later...

Hi all

Anyone else frustrated at NOT being able to park at Centertainment if you are using the cinema or there for a meal..

Myself and Mr Mus have the unlimited cards for Cineworld and to be honest are sick and tired of driving round and round for up to an hour to try find a space..

All the place does is pop up signs "no arena parking" but no-one takes notice...plus I doubt the car park is big enough for everything there ie cinema, all the restuarants, bowling etc.

We have given up with the main parking bit and often drive round the back - but no luck so end up parking in the "toys are us" car park which has a 3 hour max stay and we have already been fined £90 once.

I dont know an easy solution for this but none of the staff in the cinema or restaurants seem to care when I try speak to them - and Im not saying its their job to but it really puts you off going...the last 3 times we went, its taken 1 hour to park then 30mins then 40mins.

I dont know who to write to to air my concerns either but its soooo annoying.

:rant::rant:

Rant over.....Just wondered if anyone else has the same problems.

An hour? That seems a lot. It is bad there though. You could complain to the site's owners. Personally, I'd never drive round and round for an hour waiting to park, I'd go somewhere else - there are other cinemas and plenty better eating places.

One thought, you could park at Meadowhall (or somewhere else on the tram route) and get the tram? Would cost obviously, but value depends on what price you put on driving round and round for an hour.

Unless you show up on Saturday night at 9 o'clock you're damned if you don't find a parking space between feu Brannigans and Burger King. Weekends are very busy down there and even the car park behind the cinema gets full quick to the point where cars are parked in the aisles along the bushes (this not being much of a problem). The car park for the whole Centertainment and Arena (which popped up at the same time) are a little just considering the patronnage and trams are full and use both stadium stops at beginning and ending of representations in the Arena (was about to type concert hall :P).

Off topic neeeeeeeeeek.

Archived