Centertainment parking

Many threads on this already, so won't bother repeating stuff. Check out this page of one thread for our thoughts at the cinema http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=328329&highlight=parking+centertainment&page=8

Note that plans for extensions to parking were turned down by the council - so not much that can be done. Landlord of site still investigating possible extensions to parking.

It isn't that we don't care, it's just that we can do nought to control it as the parking is nothing to do with the venues on the site, but the responsibility of the site office. We do care, after all if someone buggers off to Vue instead then that is less business for us, but our hands are tied.

Other threads on the subject include

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=310629&highlight=parking+centertainment

and

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=183789

There are plenty more, but all say roughly the same things.

An hour? That seems a lot. It is bad there though. You could complain to the site's owners. Personally, I'd never drive round and round for an hour waiting to park, I'd go somewhere else - there are other cinemas and plenty better eating places.

One thought, you could park at Meadowhall (or somewhere else on the tram route) and get the tram? Would cost obviously, but value depends on what price you put on driving round and round for an hour.

I'm sure the fare for the tram would be cheaper then a £90 fines from the other car park and fuel for the hours drive round lol.

I do think the retail park need to acknowledge that their participation is needed in parking on busy evenings even if they introduce a parking fee for those nights, it would be better than not getting a space at all or being charged. I'm going down to a gig on Saturday not sure how we are getting there at the moment but have normally parked in retail park before. Arena parking is steep plus it's rubbish for getting out of - like the short walk to the retail park for majority of traffic to clear then off!

I feel bad complaining as it isnt the staff's fault...however its just frustrating....

we tend not to see any films on release night...

We like going Sunday & mondays laste afternoon/evening and again in the week if there is something else on to see...

Normally we wouldnt drive for an hour but cos it was raining my OH kindly dropped me off outside and I didnt see him for an hour - half thought he had driven away and left me there :hihi:

It just seems that the arena people are getting the advantage :loopy:

My thoughts on a way around is to issue tickets as you enter...and the charge to be £5 or above which you pay on exit...BUT if you visit the cinema or have a meal there you get a token so you dont pay on exit...

We love our films - esp me and we do get soooo much use out of them, its £11.99 per month and we prob see 4 - 6 films per month so it saves us loadsa money but when you enter the cinema feeling frustrated it kinda takes the edge off the film.

I didnt know we could use arena if nowt on so thanks for the info, thats good to know..

Parking only tends to be a problem though when the arena has an event....there must be some way to "police" who parks where...:(

The car park is a joke there is no enforcement that I have seen and I am down there every Monday. It says no parking for Arena, yet last Monday as usual, as I drove in there were lots of people crossing the road and going to the arena as there always is when there is an event on. I know it would not be easy to patrol but they need to think of something.

The car park is a joke there is no enforcement that I have seen and I am down there every Monday. It says no parking for Arena, yet last Monday as usual, as I drove in there were lots of people crossing the road and going to the arena as there always is when there is an event on. I know it would not be easy to patrol but they need to think of something.

I've said it before but they should validate your parking at one of the Centertainment outlets and fine you if you didn't get it validated (i.e. went to the Arena) - either a pay as you leave thing, or a pay as you enter and get it refunded if it's been validated.

I've said it before but they should validate your parking at one of the Centertainment outlets and fine you if you didn't get it validated (i.e. went to the Arena) - either a pay as you leave thing, or a pay as you enter and get it refunded if it's been validated.

I'm affected on two counts on this issue - i have an unlimited card and occasionally have trouble parking.On occasion i stick it in the first space available which has even been in front of F&B's.But i also get pee'd off at people who blatantly disregard the NO Arena parking signs.

I also visit the Arena, as a consequence we always have a pre show meal in F&B's or Chiquito's. So we park up ,eat our grub, leave the car and walk to the Arena. A little hypocritical.

If some of you who drive know in advance how busy it is, why not park at the park and ride at nunnery square, pay £1.60 for an evening ticket and hop on the tram?

Would you really rather drive around for an hour trying to park?

It's about 2 minutes from the P&R, and being nearly empty your car is likely to have less dings in the door when you come back.

Archived