Centertainment parking

I wish i could P&R, but it takes as long to get to Nunnery as Centertainment. I'd hoped we could do it from Halfway but we have to spend and hour on the tram to Sheffield first. It is a worthwhile consideration in my opinion.

Although in general my wife trams it to work and back that day and meets me there via tram.

If some of you who drive know in advance how busy it is, why not park at the park and ride at nunnery square, pay £1.60 for an evening ticket and hop on the tram?

Would you really rather drive around for an hour trying to park?

It's about 2 minutes from the P&R, and being nearly empty your car is likely to have less dings in the door when you come back.

In theory that sounds like a good plan, but if you are skint it all adds up. £1.60 for parking, and then the tram fare for x amount of people.

A little off topic, as I don't have a car, but on top of my £5.20 student cinema ticket, there is also a £3.50 day saver on the tram to consider. Add to that a quick snack if I haven't had any tea and that's over a tenner to see a film. I just can't afford it as often as I'd like. I truly sympathise with people who can't afford little bits and bobs like parking and tram fare for the whole family.

Go on Wednesday then, half price makes up for the price of the tram ticket.

And chances are that the hour spent driving around looking for a parking space wastes as much fuel as the £1.60 evening park and ride ticket.

Willman - if it takes as long, but then you're guaranteed parking with no hastle, it's still worth it.

• 7 months later...

can anyone please help i couldnt get parked in the centertainment last wednesday so i parked in the arena there wasnt a concert on so i thort this wud be ok as there were no signs and no private parking signs and no pay and display signs when i came back it says i have a 80quid fine for parking there and 120 quid if i dint pay in 7days do i have to pay this as the council didnt issue this pr the police it was a private company PLEASE HELP XXXX

• 2 years later...

OK I got a fine at centertainment for parking illegally (on the curb where there are no yellow lines) last Friday - I was visiting the cinema btw - honestly didn't see the 'no parking' sign when we parked but saw it on our return when we had been ticketed. Is the general advice to ignore these so called fines but to reply when they start threatening legal action? Fine is £80 rising to £120 after just 1 week.

OK I got a fine at centertainment for parking illegally (on the curb where there are no yellow lines) last Friday - I was visiting the cinema btw - honestly didn't see the 'no parking' sign when we parked but saw it on our return when we had been ticketed. Is the general advice to ignore these so called fines but to reply when they start threatening legal action? Fine is £80 rising to £120 after just 1 week.

As its not from the council its just a parking 'invoice' no matter how they try to portray it, just ignore it or if you do feel the need to contact them then ask them to prove who was driving the car as you have lent the car to somene for the night (you are not legally obliged to tell them who to)

You dont have a fine,just ignore the few letters to follow that will be official looking but full of crap.Do NOT contact them in any way,just ignore it and get on with your life.

PPc patrolled car parks are the best,i wouldnt go anywhere else :)

Archived