Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

It's not only grass verges that inconsiderate people park on. Simply parking 50/50 on a pavement with no grass is far worse. If you cannot park fully on the road with all four wheels on that road you shouldn't park there.

I don't give a rats ass if the law says you can park partially on the pavement, (I don't know whether it does or not actually) ,basic common sense is what's called for.

How about the Richard Heads who live around us. They park at least 50/50 on the pavement and the road just in case another vehicle needs to get by.

I can't believe how people park on Dyke Vale Road, drive down there after tea and there are cars parked fully on the pavement, how anyone with a pram or wheelchair would get past I have no idea.

iansheff your residents and visitors have my sympathy. My daughter is less than two months from having twins. If she comes to visit us, well god knows how difficult it is going to be for her. You cannot get a single pram on the pavement, a twin ??????

iansheff your residents and visitors have my sympathy. My daughter is less than two months from having twins. If she comes to visit us, well god knows how difficult it is going to be for her. You cannot get a single pram on the pavement, a twin ??????

Doesn't affect me as I only drive past there but if I was pushing a pram or wheelchair and couldn't get past would not hesitate in calling the police.

my problem isn't parking on grass verges, mine is people who park very awkwardly opposite my drive which makes it very difficult to get in/out without driving over grass verge. There are some selfish b"£****ds around. Just a little more considerate parking would make it much easier. But no.........let's just leave it here and sod everyone else. There is a thread on here re people parking on pavement outside Wisewood School. This is another case of "let's leave it here and sod everyone else while I make it easier for myself to get to shops".......idle, selfish gits. OK done now....off soapbox!

i totally agree with the idea.some people that live near me think it's also ok to drive over footpaths on to grassed areas to park their cars.i think some people if they could would park in the front door!!! also it just makes areas look a mess.

i park my car on the grass verge outside my house.because it`s the only place 2 park as i live on a main road i admit the grass verge looks a mess when the rain as been an the ground gets boggy but were else do u park your car.i think one solution is for the council 2 concrete the grass verges so they woundn`t look a mess when the grass gets boggy