Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

It's awful to see grass verges which have been churned into mud by people parking on them.

So I'd say keep off the grass.

If the road doesn't have any parking restrictions, then I can't see a problem parking fully on the road. If it was a going to cause an obstruction, then surely there would be some restriction?

I agree with everything you have said.:)

It's awful to see grass verges which have been churned into mud by people parking on them.

So I'd say keep off the grass.

Agreed, the verges are a right mess round where i live, its looks terrible:gag:

But can also understand where the OP is coming from if he/she has no where to park in front of their home

I do agree with the comment on churning of grass but it's either that of cause mayhem on the road and there is also the risk of some <removed> damaging either car and the rest of the road! Who I may add also park on the verge

All you need is two or more cars to park on the road to cause issues

Edited by medusa
language!

I do agree with the comment on churning of grass but it's either that of cause mayhem on the road and there is also the risk of some <removed> damaging either car and the rest of the road! Who I may add also park on the verge

All you need is two or more cars to park on the road to cause issues

Have you informed the council of the problem?

Edited by medusa
language!

The bricks haven't appeared yet but I will once they do!

If that also with regard to the verge being sorted like proper parking that'd be pointless they have yet to repair several pot holes on the road so verges would be last in there line of issues

Car owners are a law unto themselves, changing a well cut grass verge into a quagmire in a matter of weeks and they dont give a toss, the Council should make them pay for a layby to be put in outside their houses.

I do agree with the comment on churning of grass but it's either that of cause mayhem on the road

If parking was so obviously going to be a major problem, why on earth did you decide to live there? :huh:

Rent a garage, build a driveway in your garden (if you have space), or find some other solution for a problem of your own making.

Car owners are a law unto themselves, changing a well cut grass verge into a quagmire in a matter of weeks and they dont give a toss, the Council should make them pay for a layby to be put in outside their houses.

Obviously not a car owner then.......

Il help you out here none of the grass verge are well cut never have been well cut for years nor never will be.

Most of the verges have some sort of concrete obstacle in them which has been used over time to cover up work