Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

Car owners are a law unto themselves, changing a well cut grass verge into a quagmire in a matter of weeks and they dont give a toss, the Council should make them pay for a layby to be put in outside their houses.

You forgot /snob. :cool:

Spend a tenner on some pea shingle, put it all over the verge and use it to fill any holes, no mud no problem!

and then of course there are the concrete slabs which have the holes in the middle to allow the grass to grow (grasscrete), with the cars driving over automatically cuts the grass and saves on future cutting.

Does anyone think that grass verges are old fashioned and not in keeping with the modern way of living, increasing costs of grass cutting, neigbours falling out, turning to mud, even without the help of cars, mine fields of dog poo, and weeds and when the council do cut the grass the cuttings are left to rot over weeks.

I vote for the grasscrete with parking spaces to be provided on large grassed areas alleviating the parking on narrow residensional streets.

Just noticed the ad at the bottom of the page.

http://www.boddingtons-ltd.com/civil/grass-paver-grid.htm?gclid=CMmz0o6erqcCFcxO4QodaUQ8Pw

I always thought it was an offence to mount a kerb which you have to if you park on a grass verge.

About 2years ago there was an article in the Sheffield Star, which was written by a Councillor, that stated the The Sheffield Council were going to clamp down on this problem and send council workmen round to issue fines to people parking on grass verges, has anything happened? has it hell. The sooner something is done about it the better, it is a complete disgrace to see the verges all churned up as they are.

About 2years ago there was an article in the Sheffield Star, which was written by a Councillor, that stated the The Sheffield Council were going to clamp down on this problem and send council workmen round to issue fines to people parking on grass verges, has anything happened? has it hell. The sooner something is done about it the better, it is a complete disgrace to see the verges all churned up as they are.

I agree totally.

I don't like seeing the grass verges churned up... but I see that on some roads (e.g. top of Stephen Hill at Crosspool) the council have installed some extremely ugly bollards to stop people parking on the verge, and they look much worse.

So its ok for the gas board , water ,electric and lorry/van drivers to all park on the grass verges? They dont seem to be bothered about what mess they leave behind and theyre usually working on behalf of the council

No its not O.K. these tradesmen should be reported to the Council, if I kept parking on someones front or back lawn thus churning it up I think they would be a tad agrieved. I dont want to look out of my window and see a once well kept grass verge turned into a mud bath.

Wasn't this on Bocking Lane, where the council came out and constructed lay-bys? Or was that before then?

Parking on grass causes an eyesore, there are parts of Unstoine that look like ploughed fields, and the council guys who mow the verges must be really peeved that this level of legally accepted vandalism is taking place. No wonder kids grow up like they do, no respect for other folks property... blah blah.