Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

There is some idiot that parks his moving lorry and his car full on the grass, also drives the car down the pavement/public foot path to fix it on his front garden which faces out onto the footpath and not the road (and makes a hell of a noise doing so).

After getting the run around over and over, was promised someone would come and take a look. Nothing has been done.

Ever since hes moved in hes been taking the mick. Huge bonfires all day after long DIY sessions (hes not done that for a while now though)

Council are useless.

How annoying is this they do it and kill all grass and leave big sludge puddles behind not got when your partner is tired and off to work at 5am.

He always ends up yelling on front about it lol, we paid for grass seed and put that down minute any strands of grass appear they do it again

IMHO these verges are nothing, but dog toilets. When the council cut them they look hacked and big clumps of grass blow up and down the street for days after. It all ends up coming into the house on the bottoms of people feet.

I'm glad the council are getting rid of the one outside my house and replacing it with a parking bay. Thats more use to me as I don't have a dog.

I noticed driving thru shiregreen yesterday they've put in new parking bays on the road, looks a lot better and makes sense. Unfortunately with this council they'll probs earmark the houses for demoltion not long after, like they did on Buchanan etc on the cross not long after improvements

I dont think that its illegal, if you have permissions, i have seen many of the folks parking their cars on the grass verge..

Depends on the local laws in place. Eg park on a grass verge in Bakewell and you are liable to get a ticket.

• 6 months later...

Does anybody know if its legal for cars to park in front of mine and others houses? As i always keep the grass verge cut and tidy and now its like a mud bath, i dont mind them parking in front of my house but i dont think its necessary for them to park with all 4 wheels on the grass verges. Any help???