Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

round here they put brick ends about 6 inches high half an inch apart from one end to the other or just to your property boundary and it works even to the partially sighted driver they will here and feel a grinding noise from under their indicating they have a problem!

But if those bricks are on highway land (e.g. grass verge or pavement) not owned by the house-owner, he/she is then in the wrong.

But its not your verge, so why are you putting plant pots on it?

No, its not my personal property, but its outside my house and other verges on our road have been destroyed, and i don't want this one to go the same way .... and it does keep the cars off - so its not harming anyone, and it also brightens the place up.

No, its not my personal property, but its outside my house and other verges on our road have been destroyed, and i don't want this one to go the same way .... and it does keep the cars off - so its not harming anyone, and it also brightens the place up.

So long as you appreciate that there could be repercussions if someone trips over.

i live near a school and every bit of spare land is parked on during drop offs and pick ups, it would not be so bad if they occasionally walked to school but no they have to drive the 100 yards to collect their little dears and churn grass verges up and cause a bleedin nuisance cos they will not get off their fat a**es and walk, we cannot get near our own house by road because of them, i would like to know how they would like it if the verge and path were blocked off outside their home.

Does anyone know if it is an offence to park over someone's driveway? We've left polite notices under windscreen wipers, but it's different cars that do it each time mostly.

It can be obstruction. You need to report it to the police and they need to actually observe that you have been obstructed.

You can ask the Council to put an H marking or KEEP CLEAR marking on the road, across the end of your driveway, but you do have to pay for it. This page on their website explains it all: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/about/transport-and-highways/traffic-regulations/non-regulatory-markings.html

These markings aren't enforceable, but most people comply.

If there is a dropped kerb then I think that it can be removed by the appropriate authority but if there is no dropped kerb then you can park there, it is just bad manners but if you have a drive you should have a dropped kerb There are 4 on my street that have drives but no dropped kerb.