Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

i believe its not illegal to park on grass verges.its illegal to park on a grass verge if there are double yellow lines running along side the verge.its illegal to drive over a grass verge to access your drive/property.your not allowed to place anything in or on the verge ie stones,poles,chain link fencing etc.due to safety issues.streetforce informed me they can report persistant offenders to enforcement officer in the town hall but their main priority is to keep the verge safe from trips above 100mm and to keep mud off the footway.you can also raise this issue with your local community assembly at your area meetings.

Why can I not allowed to place anything on the grass verge when others are allowed to place their cars on the verge? Have I missed something or am I being plain stupid?

what if there is a drive to a house then there is a footpath, then a hedge & then the grass verge? the owner of the house parks on the grass verge & not their

drive.

the road which is a main & busy road & with no parking available on your side so you have no option but to park on the verge

Anyone can park on grass verges, I have had the same problem for over 12 months, I put rocks on mine but had to remove them, I have requested the wooden posts but there is no funding, I now have a grit bin on mine.

Its not your verge.

A lady near where I live kept parking her car on the full width of the pavement. I got so fed up having to walk round her car I decided to photograph the offending vehicle and post the photograph to the Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police.

A few days later the police went knocking on the lady's front door. Within minutes of their knock the lady moved her car on to the edge of the roadway.

I learnt later on from a relative of the lady that she had been fined 75 pounds for obstructing a public footpath (pavement).

The lady has now had a garage built by the side of her home and parks her car in there.

The car owner or driver would be at fault and if I'm aware that a particular car is causing a problem for friends then I am quite happy to report the vehicle to the police. On quiet residential roads I may let such things pass but if I see it on a busy road with a lot of pedestrians and traffic then again I'll report the vehicle.