Parking on grass verges MEGATHREAD

Grass verges. To park or not to park ?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Grass verges. To park or not to park ?

• Only idiots park on grass verges.
    • Go for it, let the traffic flow !
    • Blame the bus drivers who cant negotiate the gap.

:rant:We Have The Same Problem No One Wants To Help Even Though We Have A Disabled 5 Year Old Son:rant:.....pennine Wont Help, :huh:The Council Wont, And There Is No Were To Park At All That Is Safe:( We Had To Park On The Other Road The Other Day :(And Carry Him Then Get His Brother Then His Wheel Chair:rant: And We Pay Rent And Council And Road Tax For What.IF WE WANT TO MAKE A DRIVE WE HAVE TO PAY AND WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE COUNCIL AND USE WHO THEY RECOMEND....IF THATS TO GO BY THE WORK THEY DO GODS KNOWS WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE::suspect:WELL THANX IVE HAD MY MONE SO YOU AND ME AND MAY OTHERS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

Take a pill.... the variety that makes you chill! :D

Maybe you could ask your local councillor for some support. I hope you use a bit more eloquence in your letter to them, as 'having a mone' and ranting doesn't get you anywhere. You have to go through the council because you will be crossing a public footpath and this has to be left upto a certain standard (laughable I know seeing the state of some of them). I think you have a reasonably good case as your son is disabled. Also, do you live in a council house? Can you not apply for these modifications to be made due to access difficulties?

As far as I know the coucil often come down on verge parkers and hit them with fines as it is not permitted to park on them.

If someone keeps doing it outside your house and making it look like the aftermath of the Somme then drop a nail or two each time you walk the dog. Soon there'll be plenty of 'em. ;)

If i had a grass verge outside my house and it bothered me that people parked on it, i'd risk doing the white rocks thing, you see it alot. (put them out one night and wear a balaclaver so you can deny it later lol)

I did this, we get a women who parks her Chelsea tractor outside our house. It make me really angry, as she doesn't have a grass verge outside her house to ruin.

Our verge is the only one in the street that's half decent .. the people opposite are slowly, but surely, exposing the roots of a tree with their inconsiderate parking, but its me that is the sad case.

The stupid thing is, a house in our road was recently sold for 235k and the road looks like a tip. People spend this much money on a house, in a nice quiet area, neglect their gardens, park all over the place, leave litter and then joke when I put a few rocks out.

I am not even old, or sad, or at home all day to worry about what other people are doing ... just trying to preserve the environment, and what, after all is a public amenity.

I did this, we get a women who parks her Chelsea tractor outside our house. It make me really angry, as she doesn't have a grass verge outside her house to ruin.

Our verge is the only one in the street that's half decent .. the people opposite are slowly, but surely, exposing the roots of a tree with their inconsiderate parking, but its me that is the sad case.

The stupid thing is, a house in our road was recently sold for 235k and the road looks like a tip. People spend this much money on a house, in a nice quiet area, neglect their gardens, park all over the place, leave litter and then joke when I put a few rocks out.

I am not even old, or sad, or at home all day to worry about what other people are doing ... just trying to preserve the environment, and what, after all is a public amenity.

A tractor outside your house! what a cheek, i don't blame you for sticking some rocks in the way, i'd do the same.

• 6 months later...