Rnb Night in Sheffield

DaBouncer

Originally posted by gregcdj

Ooooh,

You getting carried away with your promoting Da?

Sounds good though mate... Keep em coming

Just giving the people of sheffield what they want mate :thumbsup:

Had some great input via PM - keep it coming folks and feel free to add your input on the thread too.

Stuff like favourite local RnB DJ's (and contact details if you have them).

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Is anyone after a decent RnB night in Sheffield?

What would be your type of RnB - the heavier gangsta type or the chilled out, blissful type (or possibly a mix)?

I'm putting together an RnB night and wondered what peoples views and requests would be.

Sugestions welcome on this thread or via PM.

you mean like the ICE bar?

Originally posted by A_Partridge

The thing about RnB nights is they tend to attract the "bad boy" croud. The last populer RnB night (the Q at element) was shut down due to the shooting. So be warned.

ladies love the bad boy thing though, not the shootings though. remember there has been shootings at niche - not RnB and Fez (stabbing) which is more chilled house. So really - you get it anywhere.

RnB makes me think cool, big black man grooving inthe corner looking fine;) but you tend to get mr Rude white wide boy too, who are always good to giggle at:hihi:

the image of rnb and assumptions that come with it really annoy me.

i ran a very successful weekly rnb night that ran for 2 years (closed due the club itself closing), and we only had one night of trouble where the police were called. i was making my statement to the police and as soon as he knew out music policy gave it the old "well, this kind of music.... " blah, blah.

we ran a relaxed dress code, got to know regulars and ran a door where we didn't let in anyone we didn't like the look of - simple as that. we managed to get a weekly crowd of people who understood rnb. a slightly older crowd that grew up with this music being played by their parents, who knew who stevie wonder, marvin gaye etc were, and what they did for the music scene.

i think an rnb night in sheffield may be needed for people who don't want to hear the commercial rnb-compilation cd tracks. but i think it would all be down to the right dj creating the right atmosphere with tracks we remember, not hear on commercial radio every day - at least twice!!

Originally posted by A_Partridge

The thing about RnB nights is they tend to attract the "bad boy" croud. The last populer RnB night (the Q at element) was shut down due to the shooting. So be warned.

Noted.

I am aware about what happened at Q and security will be an issue that I will take forward with the club.

Everyone will be searched prior to entry come hell or high water.

Originally posted by annaO

i think an rnb night in sheffield may be needed for people who don't want to hear the commercial rnb-compilation cd tracks. but i think it would all be down to the right dj creating the right atmosphere with tracks we remember, not hear on commercial radio every day - at least twice!!

your place sounds ace, this is what we need. Proper RnB - Marvin, Al Green...could even have a little soul n jazz theme? edwin starr, JAMES BROWN

Lots of places do the new stuff, lets have the old stuff please bouncer boy:D

Archived