Anyone from Sheffield Rebuild

The Giraffe

Hi

I was receptionist at Knutton Road and when it was near the Ritz on Southey Hill. Pearl is a good friend and I still keep in touch. Gary Brothers set me on. Do you remember the white rat that Chris Kirby found in a garden and we called him Wordsworth because he was found on Wordsworth Avenue and we got a large tank to keep him in at work but when Gary came back off holiday he made us get rid of him so Ryan Fisher took him home. There were some great people at Parsons Cross site. Pearl, Brian, Doug Dearden, Graham Bell, Simmo who I see occasionally in Morrisons, Skippy (Dave), Mick Norton, Lutz (Dave Luttrell), Dave Bryan. Extaxman Are you Terry Griffiths or Graeme Hall?

Linda

is this the same company who carried out work on council homes as part of the new bathroom and new kitchen units????

if so..... :rant::rant::rant::rant:

goin bust was the best thing that could av happened to you!!!

sorry to say it but.... cowboys!!!!

if not...... :D

lol...

The people who worked at rebuild were not cowboys, there were two firms carrying out repairs- rebuild and frank haslam milan. I worked on reception and we had hardly any complaints. Gail who was tenants liaison officer and Brian who did the job before her were great people and very conscientious and thorough. If you had any complaints she would have sorted them out for you. If you had ever been made redundant through no fault of your own you would think twice about posting a reply like that:D

The people who worked at rebuild were not cowboys, there were two firms carrying out repairs- rebuild and frank haslam milan. I worked on reception and we had hardly any complaints. Gail who was tenants liaison officer and Brian who did the job before her were great people and very conscientious and thorough. If you had any complaints she would have sorted them out for you. If you had ever been made redundant through no fault of your own you would think twice about posting a reply like that:D

Hi Linda! - nice to see you!

Funningly enough madowl there are still complaints today.... and Rebuild aren't even doing the jobs any more..... mmmmm - and I know because I've recently moved out of a council flat and my friend has just gone through the refurb!

So yeah - nice comment for all those hardworking decent people who lost their jobs! - well done! :roll:

All the people I worked with at Rebuild were lovely people - I came over to Southey to help on Reception when you were off on your jollies Linda! :D

I've still got all the photos from the xmas party at the United Ground he he - ;)

Guest makapaka

I worked there when they were based at the Manor Development Centre at Alison Crescent.

At the time work was just work but since I've worked for other companies I realised how much I liked it there.

i know how it feels to be made redundant, it hurts like hell... as for your comment.... i was the 3rd house to have this work done back in 2001... i have a list as long as my arm of complaints and stand by what i said!

most of the work they did has been re-done

bathroom replaced

kitchen cubords replaced

floors replaced

electrics replaced

plumming re-plummed....

etc....

end of comments...

although i will say mick the bloke who did the tiles... top bloke. :)

I was with rebuild for 3 years and they had to answer to Sheffield City council clerks of works and any complaints would have been dealt with by their Chief clerk of works and we would have incurred penalties. Did you report all these faults at the time before your house was passed by Sheffield City Council?:huh: Found out since from reliable source that it was Connaught that did the first phase, so if I got a bit shirty Madowl, I apologise. I loved working at rebuild and made some good friends

Guest makapaka
I was with rebuild for 3 years and they had to answer to Sheffield City council clerks of works and any complaints would have been dealt with by their Chief clerk of works and we would have incurred penalties. Did you report all these faults at the time before your house was passed by Sheffield City Council?:huh:

Don't get drawn in denlin!! Even if this happend, the best contractors have the odd house that goes wrong - it only takes one workmen or a subbie to drop a clanger and it happens.

Rebuild weren't the best but by no means the worst out there.

Who else do you remember from your time at Rebuild?

I worked there when they were based at the Manor Development Centre at Alison Crescent.

At the time work was just work but since I've worked for other companies I realised how much I liked it there.

Yeah - nothing has come close to working at Rebuld - most people were friendly and I did actually like my job!

I only worked at the Woodbourn Road office and now and then covered at Southey for Linda - good days, good times!

Guest makapaka
Yeah - nothing has come close to working at Rebuld - most people were friendly and I did actually like my job!

I only worked at the Woodbourn Road office and now and then covered at Southey for Linda - good days, good times!

I had left by the time they went to Woodbourn. I saw Graham Watson the other day - I don't know if you remember him, he was the guy that set me on.

Archived