Lost Prophets

Funeral For A Friend

Avenged Sevenfold

Atreyu

Bullet For My Valentine

As I Lay Dying

Senses Fail

Paramore

Out of those I have heard of one band, - My chemical romance.

You are talking out of your hat. And extremely self opinionated.

I myself am a regular paying gig goer and have been since about 1984. I am actually going to see reverend and the makers. I am a regular at the Boardwalk, Leadmill, Plug, Corp., City hall and occasionally the Octogan. I also go and see local bands too, at the Nelson, Dove and Rainbow, Moorfoot, West St Live and last night at the Broadfield.

I suggest you find out what the rest of the local gig going public want before you start spouting your annoying self important drivel at people who are doing more than you are to bring more live music to this great city.

Frankly if they provide a better sound system than the abysmal one that is at the Leadmill then its going to be an improvement no matter who plays there.

I totally agree with this. In recent years I have often found it difficult to hear the vocals clearly at the leadmill. Especially when it is a guitar band.

Mousesheff, I agree with some of your points. I can't stand any of the acts lined up to play at the new venue.

However, I think it will be a very popular destination and make a lot of money, which is surely the point for the owners...

Acts booked so far:

Reverend And The Makers (sold out)

FRIDAY 11TH APRIL

"One of the most talked about bands to come out of South Yorkshire, Reverend And The Makers' debut album, The State of Things, stormed the charts at No. 5. Jon McClure and co are notorious for outstanding live performances and high energy gigs."(Quote from site)

Good Charlotte SUNDAY 13TH APRIL

James TUESDAY 15TH APRIL

KT Tunstall WEDNESDAY 16TH APRIL

The Bluetones MONDAY 12TH MAY

The WombatsTHURSDAY 15TH MAY

The Pigeon Detectives (sold out)WEDNESDAY 21ST MAY

Acts booked so far:

Reverend And The Makers (sold out)

FRIDAY 11TH APRIL

"One of the most talked about bands to come out of South Yorkshire, Reverend And The Makers' debut album, The State of Things, stormed the charts at No. 5. Jon McClure and co are notorious for outstanding live performances and high energy gigs."(Quote from site)

Good Charlotte SUNDAY 13TH APRIL

James TUESDAY 15TH APRIL

KT Tunstall WEDNESDAY 16TH APRIL

The Bluetones MONDAY 12TH MAY

The WombatsTHURSDAY 15TH MAY

The Pigeon Detectives (sold out)WEDNESDAY 21ST MAY

The Bluetones!!!!!!! yes! oh, and KT tunstall, she's ok, hope she has king creosote supporting.

I`ve got to say aswell, they obviously know what they are doing business wise, the one in Manchester dosn`t do too bad(been my self a couple of times).

And they arn`t all bad, I`m booked for good charlotte already and can`t wait.

Just because somethings not to your taste dosn`t mean its crap!

Archived