Carling Academy Sheffield

Janette1169

i reall y hope it does happen, the city hall is awful for heavy rock concerts we need a venue like this badly:)

Really?

I'd always thought the city hall was an ideal venue for the "classic" type rock bands. Any revamped Roxy will just be a characterless black box.

Really?

I'd always thought the city hall was an ideal venue for the "classic" type rock bands. Any revamped Roxy will just be a characterless black box.

well most city hall type venues take the seats out for rock concerts in the old days the city hall took the first 10 rows out but not now the atmosphere at concerts now is terrible:(

well most city hall type venues take the seats out for rock concerts in the old days the city hall took the first 10 rows out but not now the atmosphere at concerts now is terrible:(

The main issue with the City hall sounding sh*t is that they spent X million pounds on refurbing it and didn't consult a single acoustic proffessional, that's why it sounds crap never mind the seating situation ruining the atmosphere.

On the plus side though you can now take your drinks in.

I'm pretty sure the Academy will be going ahead, talks are pretty advanced and its a big building/ eyesore the council will be bending overbackwards to get someone to do something with.

Lets just hope they do it properly, and make sure it sounds right.

Seen inside ROXY.some time ago..it was totally derelict.....it would take millions to make it safe to re-open. I cannot envision this place open again, it must be coming down soon. All the adjacent buildings are due for demolition, ODEON cinema complex included as that is closing down soon...

Archived