Carling Academy Sheffield

Janette1169

if you had a ticket and didnt go,your loss i'm afraid

Not really... Was knackered so made an informed decision, plus they are playing Manchester Central in December so will prob go then instead. I heard mixed reports about them but as someone who seen them 4x in Sheffield, you sound like a true fan. I was actually more annoyed not to get a ticket to The Proidgy - now that is a REAL loss! ;)

Tonight at the Academy is the Support Acts from Carling...

5 local bands on the Opening Night of Carling Academy 2...

Doors at 7pm

£5 a ticket on the doors..

bands are:

Tiananmen

Shot Dead

The Magi

Vegas Child

Silent Film Project

Yep, I'm going to see Human League on Sunday too!! :thumbsup:

We had "Balcony" tickets, and weren't sure about - didn't know if it would be seated up there or not. Turns out it's literally standing at the railings on the second floor.

We have 'stalls standing' printed on our tickets, but they're not balcony tickets?? Does this mean there is no seating in the venue at all?? I can't stand up for 4 hours as I have a bad back at present.

Can someone clarify what seating is available at the 'gigs' !!

:rolleyes:

Going again tomorrow night to see Little Man Tate et al and then on Sunday to see The Human League. Very excited for them both, especially The Human League, to be seeing them in such a good venue, I got quite giddy when I first saw the place last week at Reverend and thought about this Sunday's gig :D

Shiesh: Don't think there's any seating, unfortunately...

Well....none of us were singing Bradford City's burning down, and none of us got kicked out, and suprisngly none of us were accused of touching anyone up. But one of my friends did get punched for jumping around for toddla T and roots manva, so maybe your not talking about my group of friends. And the reason i was objecting to what you were saying was because i thought you were complaining about us enjoying ourselves a bit too much, which we may have been, but no1 sang in the middle of reverend. I was the first person at the front standing and singing, i was the first crowdsurfer that night and i was the first person next to reverend after the gig outside the crucible. So whether you can accuse me and or not of being a bit drunk and loud is debatable, but you cant argue that i wasnt there for the music. You said yourself you dont even like R&TM that much, I think you were likely to be talking about a different group cos we're not the sort to be singing Bradofrd is burning down or whatever, but we were chanting songs before REverend came on, and i will do tommorow when i see dead world leaders and the magi, and on saturday when i see Little man tate, and when i go to paul weller and billy bragg, and milburn , and the courteeners and leeds festival.....

i imagine your one of those who consider themselves a proper music lover, but can't look back to when you really loved music and appreciated every live act you saw. Because it's about expressing yourself, not being a mute, i enjoyed reverend and I'll continue enjoying gigs in the future - and untill you can see my reasoning - i hope people like me and my freinds **** you off more and more.

Well, if your lot weren't groping lasses, weren't chanting footy songs during Reverend and none of you got kicked out, you obviously weren't the group I was talking about. Think about it!:loopy:

So, unfortunately for you, it wouldn't have been your lot who ****** me off as you so hoped.

So by your reckoning, the fact I like to get near the front, like to mosh, like to sing and generally embrace the gig BUT don't like to be surrounded by a group of ***** means I don't really love and appreciate music? Can't understand your logic.

And does your list of the bands your going to see mean anything to me? What is it supposed to be getting at? That you must be a REAL gig lover cos you've got a couple of gigs to go to?

Archived