Carling Academy Sheffield

Janette1169

Hi Paulmat,

Indeed i do! this is just the beginning of a process which will deliver, to the people of Sheffield, a development we can all be proud of.

Thanks for mentioning the Guardian Guide comments, i have posted what they said (link below) for anyone who is interested. This is the second time in two months that we have been featured as 'Pick of the Week', which we think is pretty good going as we've only been open for three months. :thumbsup:

Penelope x

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=281030

• 2 weeks later...

Not only is it going to be a carling academy.

There are already bands booked to play.

The first one I heard of is about march or april. They are on the website. Unfortunately I don't have a link as I am reformatting my computer and I have lost all my links for the moment.

what like city hall etc

No,

more like the Leadmill used to be 10 years ago when it was one of the most famous venues in the UK, Or nottingham rock city.

Carling Academy is opening medium sized venues in all the big cities in the uk to catch the researgence of live music. they think there is a big gap for it. This is good because this is pretty much what the building was built for in the first place, when it was the Top Rank suite.

Archived