Photos of Claywood flats (undestroyed) anyone?

The Giraffe

Does anyone have any photos of Claywood flats - before they were knocked down.

Have looked on a couple of links and all I can find are photos of the empty flats with rubbish people left behind - or the actual demo in progress.

Any pics of the flats in their heyday?

Does anyone have any photos of Claywood flats - before they were knocked down.

Have looked on a couple of links and all I can find are photos of the empty flats with rubbish people left behind - or the actual demo in progress.

Any pics of the flats in their heyday?

HMM depends how clsoe or faraway you want em but have a look at train station pics etc they will be in the background im sure i have a couple of photos of them some where that ive took myself before i am right in thinking these are the flats behind the train station arnt i im sure they were called claywood but if its a real close up im not sure ill have a look through mine later do you mind if i ask what you want em for i mean i keep photos i take for when my kids grow up to show em how its changed are you the same

do you mind if i ask what you want em for

My neighbour used to live in them and we were reminiscing the other day.

She wanted to show me which flat was hers but we couldn't find any pics on the internet.

I've manged to get one of the old bus station with the flats in the background am going to show her that one.

I love history especially Sheffield history and yes I like looking back on how things have changed.

OMG! didn't even know Claywood Flats had been knocked down! I'm an ex-pat and haven't been back to Sheffield for about 20 years, and I lived on Norfork Block 1978 to 1987. I know I've got some pics I'll dig them out, not as good quality as link above, thought - only had a 110 camera then!

Archived