Did you live in Shiregreen in the 70s?

_BLADESMAN_

Was brought up on Godric Road along with my 3 brothers and 2 sisters.

I remember many of the old neighbours from that time. Wondered if there is anyone around that can remember Shiregreen in the 70s.

I went to Hartley Brook and Firth Park Schools. Used to love the knock about on't Brook after school.

Anyone got any memories?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember my cousin Susan Terry who lived on Paper Mill Road, she was the daughter of Fred and Jean Terry..

She emigrated to Australia from Chapeltown with her husband Peter Brookes and young son Mark.

They will be in their 60's now.

I am trying to contact her, the family were living in Melbourne but I have lost their address.

Can anyone help me to contact her?

Does anyone remember my cousin Susan Terry who lived on Paper Mill Road, she was the daughter of Fred and Jean Terry..

She emigrated to Australia from Chapeltown with her husband Peter Brookes and young son Mark.

They will be in their 60's now.

I am trying to contact her, the family were living in Melbourne but I have lost their address.

Can anyone help me to contact her?

Hi PopT...In Google type Melbourne, White Pages

This should give you a good starting point. Failing that try Melbourne, Electoral Registers.

Happy hunting

• 1 month later...

I remember many of the old neighbours from that time. Wondered if there is anyone around that can remember Shiregreen in the 70s.

I went to Hartley Brook and Firth Park Schools. Used to love the knock about on't Brook after school.

Anyone got any memories?

I lived on shiregreen in the 70s also went to Hartley Brook and Firth Park Schools. What was that teachers name at Hartley Brook who spit everytime he started to shout, which was quite alot.

Used to knock about on the brook also. There was a mean slide i remember, also going cardboard sliding on the grass hills. My neighbours took me apple scrumpin' in the orchards.

Do you remeber the old boarded up air raid shellters at Hartley Brook School.

Hiya, My aunt and uncle used to lived on nethershire lane, and my cousins used to go to hartley brook and firth park school, And I used to go there quite a lot and knock around on the brook.

[

QUOTE=_BLADESMAN_;3171554]Was brought up on Godric Road along with my 3 brothers and 2 sisters.

Anyone got any memories?

Anyone got any memories?

i deliverd milk round godric rd nethershire gatty all round that area in 1944 when was 14

first job from school 19.11p a week worked with 2 young women nearly all women at that time all the men was in the army

I lived on the shiregreen from 62-84 then 2002 to present. I`ve lived on Hartley brook road, Valentine cresent and now Renathorpe road. I went to Beck road school and Firth park comp. Does anyone remember the split level park off hartley brook avenue with the slide that went down to the lower level?

Archived