Did you live in Shiregreen in the 70s?

_BLADESMAN_

My OH says it's Mr Kay or Mr Kippax by the the sounds of it.

I lived on shiregreen in the 70s also went to Hartley Brook and Firth Park Schools. What was that teachers name at Hartley Brook who spit everytime he started to shout, which was quite alot.

My Other Half Wayne lived on Sicey Avenue, went to Hartley Brook from 72 - 76 then Firth Park. He remembers the slides on the brook, off Hartley Brook Avenue.

He then (as an adult) moved first to Oaks Fold Road, and then Torksey Road.

I lived on shiregreen in the 70s also went to Hartley Brook and Firth Park Schools. What was that teachers name at Hartley Brook who spit everytime he started to shout, which was quite alot.

Used to knock about on the brook also. There was a mean slide i remember, also going cardboard sliding on the grass hills. My neighbours took me apple scrumpin' in the orchards.

Do you remeber the old boarded up air raid shellters at Hartley Brook School.

Think you're thinking of Mr.Kay from Hartley Brook sammy.

I remember the cardboard slides on the brook. Best one was where the 2 tier park was (Off Hartley Brook Avenue?)

Remember the old tarzan swing? The tree on the high banking where you could swing over the brook?

I lived on the shiregreen from 62-84 then 2002 to present. I`ve lived on Hartley brook road, Valentine cresent and now Renathorpe road. I went to Beck road school and Firth park comp. Does anyone remember the split level park off hartley brook avenue with the slide that went down to the lower level?

Yes I remember it. I've actually just mentioned it in my previous post.

Think you're thinking of Mr.Kay from Hartley Brook sammy.

I remember the cardboard slides on the brook. Best one was where the 2 tier park was (Off Hartley Brook Avenue?)

Remember the old tarzan swing? The tree on the high banking where you could swing over the brook?

Sometimes i go running through on the paths in that area but it`s not very safe as the youths use the paths for there motorbikes.

Wayne must have been in the same year as me.

I remember the slide, burnt your legs in the summer when you had shorts on.

Some one put something on it to make it go faster,i remember flying off the end.

Also remember playing Tarzan and swinging through the trees near the garages.

Remember going and watching the Star Walk at the end of Hartley Brook.

My Other Half Wayne lived on Sicey Avenue, went to Hartley Brook from 72 - 76 then Firth Park. He remembers the slides on the brook, off Hartley Brook Avenue.

He then (as an adult) moved first to Oaks Fold Road, and then Torksey Road.

Opposite where the shiregreen hotel used to be there were some cottages. As young uns me and my mates used to play in what would have been the cellers. Also used to dare ourselves to go up the tunnel that started at the brook. I guess it must have been some kind of storm drain. All very dangerous if you ask me but fun.

Archived