Chair covers advice please

Hi Guys!!

im getting married next year at whitley Hall, Sheffield and the chairs don't really match the colour scheme so i was thinking about chair covers........however, we are having 70 guests to the wedding breakfast, i have looked around and the costs for chair covers are around 3£ per chair..... i cant really justify spending that much on chair covers so i was thinking about making my own....my mum and mum in law to be are quite handing with a sweing machine.

as anyone tried to do this and if so could i possibly buy them off you or could you give me advice on how to do it eg fabric, template etc.

Thanks for listening Kim.x!

i'm not sure that you will be able to make them for as little as £3 a chair! some of the ones ive seen for hire are really nice and material is quite expensive if you want it to look good.

Good luck

Whatever you do, be careful how much you leave trailing bits of cloth hanging around - drunk people aren't exactly aware or appreciative of all the effort and artistic creativity you put into the occasion, and are instead much more likely to pull tables/chairs/each other over by accident.

Also, tbh I think if you manage to do summut worth doing for less than £3 per chair I'll be really impressed.

i'm not sure that you will be able to make them for as little as £3 a chair! some of the ones ive seen for hire are really nice and material is quite expensive if you want it to look good.

Good luck

Where have you seen them for hire?! I'm getting married next year and would rather not buy the covers if possible. However, we've got to do something as the chairs at our venue are dire!!!

Cheers.

Hi Guys!!

im getting married next year at whitley Hall, Sheffield and the chairs don't really match the colour scheme so i was thinking about chair covers........however, we are having 70 guests to the wedding breakfast, i have looked around and the costs for chair covers are around 3£ per chair..... i cant really justify spending that much on chair covers so i was thinking about making my own....my mum and mum in law to be are quite handing with a sweing machine.

as anyone tried to do this and if so could i possibly buy them off you or could you give me advice on how to do it eg fabric, template etc.

Thanks for listening Kim.x!

Hi there Kim!!

I'm getting married next year with 70 guests too, and I have the same problem! I was looking at getting chair covers but also thought they were quite expensive! I was going to make my own, but thought it would be time consuming! So I looked on ebay, and found ones that you can hire for about £1 - £1.50 per chair which i thought were quite reasonable. You have to put them on the chairs yourself, so I think I might go for this option. Hope this helps!

Linz x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There

We currently have an offer on chair covers and sashes at £3 per chair and sash - set up is free if you book before June (our products are excellent quality - we can post out samples).

We also offer Tafetta sashes and chair drapes,for more details visit our website bow-belles com

Archived