Anyone go to the Gregg School in Broomhill 1952/1955?

Harleyman

I was at gregg between 53&58,i remember a lot of the names mentioned especially avril wright who i played tennis with at stocksbridge also granville dyson and a girl called barbara, cannot remember her surname,who i last saw in 63.I also played against hull i was in goal.does anybody remember the school trip to middelkerk in belgium.I remember mr.rankin quite well we clashed a few times but i was still invited to his house cannot remember where

Message for BILLHALEY,my name is pete torry and i also went to see bill haley i vaguely remember we went in a small group so i assume you are the one who bought our tickets.Two more names i have recalled a boy named kershaw,andy i think,and julie widdowson.I am afraid i cannot work out who you are from your user names.wendy harris i remember since she held a nice boozy party and i think she lived in millhouses

Message for BILLHALEY,my name is pete torry and i also went to see bill haley i vaguely remember we went in a small group so i assume you are the one who bought our tickets.Two more names i have recalled a boy named kershaw,andy i think,and julie widdowson.I am afraid i cannot work out who you are from your user names.wendy harris i remember since she held a nice boozy party and i think she lived in millhouses

I should think that every boy at the school in those days will remember Wendy Harris!!!(she was a bit on the athletic side!).no offence intended

Hi billhaley,nice to know your real name but i will not publish it on the open forum.I recognise all the names but i cannot put faces to them.I think i must have been a year behind you but i did play in goal against hull at the recreation ground god knows what year but i do remember saving a penalty.I was fairly tall for my age probably why they put me in goal.I found some old gregg photos at friends reunited and there is a photo of keats house 1957 and i am on the back row third from the left the photo is not very clear.

Been clearing the loft out and came across 1957 photo of the whole school and realised as imentioned in the previous thread that it was not me in the keats house photo but another name cropped up peter lancaster we both joined the R.A.F.together but i have not seen him for 40 years,I managed to trace his phone number in sheffield and we had quite a long conversation,he also played football for greggs.See the owls beat the blades to promotion

Hi billhaley,nice to know your real name but i will not publish it on the open forum.I recognise all the names but i cannot put faces to them.I think i must have been a year behind you but i did play in goal against hull at the recreation ground god knows what year but i do remember saving a penalty.I was fairly tall for my age probably why they put me in goal.I found some old gregg photos at friends reunited and there is a photo of keats house 1957 and i am on the back row third from the left the photo is not very clear.

Hi pjt thanks for that as the police have been looking for me for years:D:D I have got the photos on the computer, and the whole '57 school one in traditional form which I am hoping to give to Annbee when she comes over. My memory for faces is bad too. Marvellous day at Hillsborough!!!