Wedding entertainment

Our venue have a retainer arrangement with their resident DJ so if we don't have him we have to pay £95 anyway. He's £195 in total I think. Not sure If we pay the venue or pay him direct.

Why is there a retainer? ask to see the contract between hotel and DJ. I would like to bet part of that is the profit the hotel would make by you havin thier DJ.

I will also be that there is no written contract between any hotel and DJ.

I know I been in the business long enough

You might be right but they do have events most weekends for which they need the DJ so I think the retainer is to make sure that he is available every Friday and Saturday all year. We've heard him before and he's quite good so we aren't too worried.

You might be right but they do have events most weekends for which they need the DJ so I think the retainer is to make sure that he is available every Friday and Saturday all year. We've heard him before and he's quite good so we aren't too worried.

Thats great if you are happy with with that, the reason I said ask to look at the contract between hotel and DJ, is because there won't be one.

The point I'm makingis that for your big day you should be able to have whatever you want, without a hotel saying "you can only have our DJ" or "yes you can bring your own, but you will have to pay us £95.

I'm sure many people have experienced this, and it's because the hotel is wanting to squeeze that few more quid out of your pocket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also think you should consider hiring a magician. It is a great ice-breaker. Absolutely perfect for weddings.

Actually I have had the opportunity of seeing quite a few magicians in action over the years, having attended numerous corporate events and trade shows during the course of my work.

Of all the magicians I have seen so far, from a shear technical content point of view, the most memorable has to be a local magician called Nigel Francis.

I have seen him at several events now, including the City Hall, Cutlers Hall and twice at Baldwin's Omega.

I specifically remember him performing some really mindblowing stuff with coins as well as some very clever card tricks.

A friend of mine saw him do a demo at the Doncaster Racecourse Wedding Fayre last month and booked him on site. I am also considering getting him to work on my company's "Trade Show Exhibition Stand" later this year.

For a totally professional service call Bear Entertainments on 07985 713763 or Email bearentertainments@o2.co.uk

We can offer an evening of entertainment tailored to suit all your requirments.

From Back ground Music to The First Dance through to the Last Dance.

We curently hold over 160,000 music tracks ranging from the 50's to present day

We offer a personal service and advice and come to meet with you to discuss how YOU want your BIG DAY to go.

We are able to call upon the services of a range of Sheffields Top DJ's

Fully insured up to 5 Million pounds and PAT tested

Having worked at:

The Cutlers Hall

Marriot Hotel

Tapton Hall

Lose Hill Hall

The Rutland Hotel

and many more

We have the expertise to ensure the best party for you and your guests.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please can anyone help us find a violinist/quartet to play through the ceremony? Have tried the Music school but not really got anywhere. I thought there may be a student looking to earn a bit of extra cash!

Also we really want a swing band and would love to hire a local one. Anybody know any good ones (non pretentious if possible)?:D Ideally would like them to play all the classics and get the guests going!!;)

We have heard of a kind of surprise entertainment where waiters are hidden within the waiting staff and are actually operatic singers then surprise the guests throughout the meal!!! Anyone know of a reasonably priced outfit that do this?

Please help!! :(:o:D:P;):|