Faith Schools are failing in their duty

Did anyone see on the news that one of the Government Inspectors (OFSTED I believe) has said that most Muslim & Islamic Schools in Britain are failing in their duty to educate pupils about other religions and British culture.

I essentially think it comes down to people not willing to integrate, and this is something that really gets my back up. I even hate going on holiday and seeing the sort of British people that head for the nearest 'british pub' for their fix of egg 'n chips.

Originally posted by sanman

I essentially think it comes down to people not willing to integrate, and this is something that really gets my back up. I even hate going on holiday and seeing the sort of British people that head for the nearest 'british pub' for their fix of egg 'n chips.

Yeh, I always wonder about that, given Curries are the most popular British food, and there's an "Indian", "Chinese", Pizza, Kebab place on every corner, why do people insist on eating "Sausage and Chips" abroad ?

:huh:

Just don't geddit !

:shakes:

Did anyone see on the news that one of the Government Inspectors (OFSTED I believe) has said that most Muslim & Islamic Schools in Britain are failing in their duty to educate pupils about other religions and British culture.

I note how the serious topic of your post has been glossed over in the guise of humour.

What surprises me is that they are actually opening up to Ofsted Inspectors. I'm surprised they're not exempt on religious grounds ;)

Seriously, they should come under the same law/rules and regulations as all the other schools including denominational schools to provide a balanced view across the curriculum especially with reference to religion.

Well done Mo :clap: this is exactly the sort of response I hoped that someone would make, however in this time of political correctness gone mad we tend to shy away rather than risk being accused as rascist.

Segregation in anyform is not a good thing, if you come to live in this country then I believe you should integrate with its people and cultures. I think its possible to do this without losing your own cultural identity.

Well done Mo :clap: this is exactly the sort of response I hoped that someone would make, however in this time of political correctness gone mad we tend to shy away rather than risk being accused as rascist.

Segregation in anyform is not a good thing, if you come to live in this country then I believe you should integrate with its people and cultures. I think its possible to do this without losing your own cultural identity.

"Political correctness gone mad"? Surely if you're going to portray yourself as a seeker of truth and justice you should have mentioned that, in the story in question, OFSTED chief David Bell was talking about faith schools as a whole - Muslim, Jewish and evangelical Christian?

Guess the BNP bods will be along soon to fawn over your misrepresentation.

Archived