Faith Schools are failing in their duty

Originally posted by nomme

Note that the comments were also aimed at Jewish and Evangelical Christian schools

so the title of the thread should be Muslim, Jewish and Christian Schools are failing in their duty.

Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good headline eh?

In fact I think that it would be a good idea to abolish religious schools all together. Why not leave it to the religious establishments and or home to provide the spiritual instruction and guidance.

I think religious schools are a bad idea anyway. They aren't open to the free thought of mind and are going to be very biased in their teaching.

On the other note, I hate hate hate those horrible British pubs in Spain etc. I'd rather actually go to Blackpool than Costa Blackpool. Surely you go away to see the world?!

To Sham71 & Greenback, that was an honest mistake on my part. On the news story that I heard it did not mention Jewish or Christian schools, neither did it ask them for a reaction although it did from a Muslim school.

I totally agree with Mo & Lboogie that single faith schools should be abolished.

Also please note the opening paragraph of the story:

"Independent Muslim schools must make greater efforts to show pupils a British "common heritage", says the education watchdog for England"

I think this proves I can be excused my slip.

I'm against faith schools really, that should be taught at home and in the place of worship. Isn't it a bit daft to say that these schools are failing by not teaching other religions? Isn't it a bit like saying that a football academy is failing by not teaching enough rugby?!?

Originally posted by sanman

Snook I think the point is that the National Cirriculum says that there should be some teaching of the major faiths in this country.

I wait to be corrected.

Well, I wasn't being that serious, but I think more education of the major faiths is a good idea. When I was at school we learnt hardly anything about other faiths

Archived