De-frag problems

sneaks

Does anyone know why when i try to de-fag my computer it has started to stop at 14% saying it is complete then when i analyze it again it says "You should defragment this volume". Any suggestions to fix the problem will be very welcomed.

I'm assuming this is the partition that the operating system is installed on. If so, try moving the pagefile to a different partition or drive and then try defragging again - you can do this by clicking:

Right click my computer -> properties -> Advanced tab -> Top 'Settings' button (in 'Performance' section) -> Advanced tab -> 'Change' button in bottom (Virtual Memory section)

The C: drive should already be selected, choose 'no paging file' then click 'set'. Then choose the partition or drive you want to move the pagefile to and click 'system manages paging file' then set again. OK all windows, reboot, and hopefully that should help.

Hope it does,

I'm assuming this is the partition that the operating system is installed on. If so, try moving the pagefile to a different partition or drive and then try defragging again - you can do this by clicking:

Right click my computer -> properties -> Advanced tab -> Top 'Settings' button (in 'Performance' section) -> Advanced tab -> 'Change' button in bottom (Virtual Memory section)

The C: drive should already be selected, choose 'no paging file' then click 'set'. Then choose the partition or drive you want to move the pagefile to and click 'system manages paging file' then set again. OK all windows, reboot, and hopefully that should help.

Hope it does,

Just tried this Orbrey still the same 14%. Thanks anyway for trying

Archived