Wagamama coming to Sheff

RubyTuesday

Having been once, I'll never go again. The food is average at best and somewhat overpriced for what it is.

What I really disliked about it was the over the top service that bordered on pestering. I was asked four times if the food was OK, always when my mouth was full. We must have been asked six or seven times if we wanted any more drinks when it was obvious our glasses had plenty in. If we had accepted every drink we were offered, we'd have left there on hands and knees! I don't blame the waitresses I guess they're ordered to push drinks on people.

If i'd known it was a chain restaurant, I'd have known to expect all the above and wouldn't have considered going.

Not wanting to compare it to other resteraunts, more to the point, this is the worst Wagamammas I've ever been to. I always liked the chain but won't bother with this one again.

My other half is vegan so when we just wanted to double-check something with her, not only did the waitress seem to have no understanding of the word, she went to get the manager or whoever who then came over and greeted us with 'which one of you is the fussy one?'. I very nearly greeted him with 'which one is about to get a kick in the ********?'.

I noted that their menu was actually quite small in comparison to some other branches. The manager pointed out that because they were a small branch, they didn't have room for a full size kitchen.

I agree they shouldn't have opened in Leopold Square but am now thinking that, if they didn't have room for a proper kitchen, perhaps they shouldn't have bothered opening at all.

I'll wait until I'm in Leeds before I bother with Wagamamas again! Can we really not even get a chain fast food place right in Sheffield? Bah.

• 1 year later...

I went to Wagamamas last night - I'm a bit slow as its been open about 2 yrs... I know...I really enjoyed it actually, we all enjoyed our choices and the side dishes, although i would probably avoid the fat noodles next time - a bit too slug like for me.

The service was great too.

Archived