Has anyone on here had anaemia?

• 14 years later...
On 27/02/2008 at 20:15, ajd05 said:

I was wondering whether anyone on here has had anaemia, if so how did you feel and what were your symptoms?

I am feeling very tired all the time, weak and also lightheaded/faint.

I know that 4 years ago i had low levels of haemoglobin, but it wasn't low enough to have anaemia.

With my having had low levels of haemoglobin before and considering the symptoms it's something i've been thinking about and will hopefully be able to rule it out when i have a blood test.

I had a blood test two/three years ago and was informed that I was anaemic - never ever had it before - tired, no energy,  it's too much to go out and I used to be out nearly every day,  I wondered if it was longcovid but having read someone on here was advised to take pre-natal vitamin pills I might do this to see what difference they make.

I think I had it a few years ago from over exercising,  as well as fatigue my skin went yellowish which I didn’t realise at the time can be caused by anaemia.  Eating red meat and dried fruit as well as resting more sorted it.  I wouldn’t recommend taking iron tablets unless recommended by a doctor, natural sources of iron are better.

Just now, cressida said:

I'll stop immediately then,  tbh I forget to take them regularly anyway,  any suggestions?

If you’ve been advised by a medic to take iron tablets then that’s really what you should do.

I’m sure you’d get used to the smell.

Just now, nikki-red said:

If you’ve been advised by a medic to take iron tablets then that’s really what you should do.

I’m sure you’d get used to the smell.

I shall have to although it may be longcovid which is causing my lack of energy

• Sad 1