Disappointing tourist attractions

Read the post correctly dear; he said "Cleepthorpes" which, unlike the similarly named town of Cleethropes is actually an aquatic theme park located just off the Outer Hebrides where you can go swimming with sharks, lobsters and koala bears.

We went there in 1999 and it was excellent!

Cleethropes? So not even Cleethorpes then? Have you been a bit too clever for your own good again you snipey sod?

Cleethropes? So not even Cleethorpes then? Have you been a bit too clever for your own good again you snipey sod?

The "deliberate-misspelling" trick is a very common one that clever people like me use in a self-deprecating way to show that, while one occasionally picks up on others' faults for comedic purposes, one is happy to also admit to faults of one's own.

Didn't think you were naive enough to fall for it, old girl.....:P

I remember being sent round the National Popular Music Centre when it first opened, to do an assessment on whether or not it was worth our company selling a combined travel and admission ticket to tourists from London. Most of the exhibits were hidden behind glass cases, the interactive bits were broken and we were the only people in the building save for the staff.

"Call me Nostradamus, but this place won't last beyond the end of the month" was my report back and curiously I was right......

Archived