Disappointing tourist attractions

The Sea life center in Scarborough was terrible.

I mean, its just fish! I can see them for free if I wander into a pet shop.

I was hoping to see a mermaid but the nearest I got was watching someone sucking a fishermans friend. (It was a cold day so maybe he needed a hot sweet)

What is it supposed to represent ? :huh:

You might need to look it up, there are various theories--it seems it was buikt over a long period, and I think the outer ring was added later, long after the inner ring was completed. Certainly it is ceremonial but no one is sure of the exact use (and also certainly, NOTHING to do with Druids!). It is similar to the one called Woodhenge, and also to the big circle at Avebury not far away. I believe they all had a cursus (an approach avenue).

Lands End, the most cheapest vile tackiest tourist attraction in the world. Lands end it self is soooo beautiful but the visitor centre is awful, and you can't get to Lands End unless you pay to get into the money grabbing visitors centre.

At the other end is John o' Groats, which is the pits and has nothing to recommend it. When people get there they must wonder what all the fuss was about.

You might need to look it up, there are various theories--it seems it was buikt over a long period, and I think the outer ring was added later, long after the inner ring was completed. Certainly it is ceremonial but no one is sure of the exact use (and also certainly, NOTHING to do with Druids!). It is similar to the one called Woodhenge, and also to the big circle at Avebury not far away. I believe they all had a cursus (an approach avenue).

I bet a lot of Americans waste time going to see that. What a disappointment when they get there ! :mad:

I bet a lot of Americans waste time going to see that. What a disappointment when they get there ! :mad:

It's a national disgrace--it's a World Heritage site but has been mishandled for many years. Personally I find it awesome and intriguing, but the way it is presented does not do it justice, and there has long been controversy about resiting the roads near it.

I'm not bothered about the Americans, most of those tourists have no clues about prehistoric archaeology or what can be learnt of early societies from such remains.

It's a national disgrace--it's a World Heritage site but has been mishandled for many years. Personally I find it awesome and intriguing, but the way it is presented does not do it justice, and there has long been controversy about resiting the roads near it.

I'm not bothered about the Americans, most of those tourists have no clues about prehistoric archaeology or what can be learnt of early societies from such remains.

Im sure they are well versed on it all the same.

Archived