Disappointing tourist attractions

Dont be silly, you are never patronising. I have American relatives and they respect anything like that.

What amuses me is that some americans say Oh your country is so full of history--we don't have any

Yet North America has been proggressively settled since the 16th century, or longer if you take the Norse explorations c.1000 AD into consideration

What amuses me is that some americans say Oh your country is so full of history--we don't have any

Yet North America has been proggressively settled since the 16th century, or longer if you take the Norse explorations c.1000 AD into consideration

Yes, but a lot of Americans themselves wouldnt know that would they ? :)

Yes, but a lot of Americans themselves wouldnt know that would they ? :)

How can you live in a country and not come to know something about its history? Even from films if nothing else--for instance, at least The Last of the Mohicans tells you about the English versus French colonisation in the mid-18th century...and I supose every american knows the date 1776

How can you live in a country and not come to know something about its history? Even from films if nothing else--for instance, at least The Last of the Mohicans tells you about the English versus French colonisation in the mid-18th century...and I supose every american knows the date 1776

Dont forget there are a lot of Immigrants in America.

Dont forget there are a lot of Immigrants in America.

That may be true, but they have been coming in since the 19th century and I would think (America being keen on "patriotism") that some aspects of US history would be taught in schools. I'm sure the Daughters of the American Revolution would be outraged if it wasn't!

That may be true, but they have been coming in since the 19th century and I would think (America being keen on "patriotism") that some aspects of US history would be taught in schools. I'm sure the Daughters of the American Revolution would be outraged if it wasn't!

Who are the Daughters of the American Revolution.?(sorry to keep you,as I know you are busy)

Lands End, the most cheapest vile tackiest tourist attraction in the world. Lands end it self is soooo beautiful but the visitor centre is awful, and you can't get to Lands End unless you pay to get into the money grabbing visitors centre.

I agree. It's shockingly tacky. I'd anticipated crowds, of course, but not the appalling tat blemishing an otherwise beautiful area. You can walk out far enough to put it behind you, but it was all dreadfully disappointing. Should have done my homework really.

Archived