Real people with funny names.

I used to have an elderly neighbour called Fanny Staines.:hihi:

Still makes me chuckle, she was a nice old duck.

Along those lines...

At City Road cemetery near my g-grandparents grave, there's a headstone for a 'Fanny Fiddler'. Not to disrespect the dead, but it does make me chuckle when I see it :hihi:

As a student I worked for an exam board - tedious work checking exam paper marks had been recorded properly. The worst bit was sitting with someone while one of you read out a list of names and scores from a print out, and another checked that they were the same as the ones on the actual papers.

Anyway, through doing that 4 weeks a summer for three years I have seen a few names, the best of which were Rose Bush and- the best by miles, ladies and gentlemen I present - Dwayne Pipe.

I sometimes wonder what Dwayne is up to.

People posted while I was typing - I have seen Dwayne's GCSE papers - I know he's real :)

Steve Wright once unwittingly read out a request from Hugh Janus live on air and never twigged.

My elder brother went to school with a lad called Arden Bent.

There was once an advert in Yellow Pages for Mycox Electrical. Ouch!

But here I cease to comment; anyone who knows my surname will understand I shouldn't be taking the pi55 here!

Archived