Is there anywhere in Rotherham comparible to the likes of DQ etc?

geenius77

Blue ice nightclub plays bassline fri and sats my lad djs there this weekend its pound in and pound a drink dj s tonight are jd smith and dj rugged tommz is jd smith dj aviz and my son dj turbo . Make sure you take id as all pubs and clubs have id scan on entry no id no entry hope to see your there mate .

Yes, Blue Ice on Ship Hill is probably your best bet; they're always open to new ideas; they even had a gay night a year or two ago, but if you think that Rotherham is a difficult place for decent 'Mainstream' clubs, for the Gay crowd, its 10 times harder, due to the proximity of Sheffield, and even the Leeds scene.

A friend of mine recently told me that another town centre venue in Rotherham is having a go at a 'gay' night, and the exact details are still under wraps, but if it fares better than the numerous previous attempts, I for one will welcome it for the sake of Rotherham LGBT's who can't or won't go to the expense of travelling down to Sheffield for a decent night out -the taxi back would be around £20-24 alone-.

What Rotherham needs is an all round boost to its general nightlife; how about a decent jazz venue, or an Open Mic comedy night; there must be loads of budding bands, comedians, etc. who would be glad of a regular performance slot.

One very good venue which I remember has lots of live music all week (albeit rock) and an Open Mic night for musicians, is SNAFU, which can hold its own against any similar 'rock' venue in Sheffield.

One other large nightclub venue in Rotherham which seems to have all the regular 'mainstream' kinds of dance music, is 'Liquid/Diva', so that might be worth trying for those who just want a night out dancing and drinking...

Yes, Blue Ice on Ship Hill is probably your best bet; they're always open to new ideas; they even had a gay night a year or two ago, but if you think that Rotherham is a difficult place for decent 'Mainstream' clubs, for the Gay crowd, its 10 times harder, due to the proximity of Sheffield, and even the Leeds scene.

A friend of mine recently told me that another town centre venue in Rotherham is having a go at a 'gay' night, and the exact details are still under wraps, but if it fares better than the numerous previous attempts, I for one will welcome it for the sake of Rotherham LGBT's who can't or won't go to the expense of travelling down to Sheffield for a decent night out -the taxi back would be around £20-24 alone-.

What Rotherham needs is an all round boost to its general nightlife; how about a decent jazz venue, or an Open Mic comedy night; there must be loads of budding bands, comedians, etc. who would be glad of a regular performance slot.

One very good venue which I remember has lots of live music all week (albeit rock) and an Open Mic night for musicians, is SNAFU, which can hold its own against any similar 'rock' venue in Sheffield.

One other large nightclub venue in Rotherham which seems to have all the regular 'mainstream' kinds of dance music, is 'Liquid/Diva', so that might be worth trying for those who just want a night out dancing and drinking...

For all my ribbing, there is a new place open in Rotherham that I will be trying. Rudi's Blues cafe - not heard any reports either way yet but it's only been open a week. They've got quite a few acts on though so i will keep my eyes peeled for someone i want to see. It was heavily flyered at the Oakwood beer festival. I agree, Rotherham would be great to have somewhere like just like Central Park in Doncaster.

tonight but Rotherham for a change!

Is there anywhere in Rotherham comparible to the likes of DQ etc....

feedback welcome!

G

Yeah the bus to Sheffield is a good start!!!

Where did you end up, i dj in rotherham centre and be interested to know what you thought of it. We all know its awful and that the people of rotherham would rather listen to cascada than cassius but hell at least you can go somewhere else we're stuck in this timewarp

Yeah the bus to Sheffield is a good start!!!

Where did you end up, i dj in rotherham centre and be interested to know what you thought of it. We all know its awful and that the people of rotherham would rather listen to cascada than cassius but hell at least you can go somewhere else we're stuck in this timewarp

Sounds like West St to me :hihi:

DQ is a club which predominantly has 'House'/R& B nights, but also has some 'special' monthly nights, including the amazing LGBT-Friendly RAZOR STILETTO, First Saturday of every month, with exciting and original live entertainment!

SNAFU is in a class of its own in Rotherham, and is the hub of a surprisingly well-developed Goth/Rock scene in the town. Long may it flourish, and lets see more variety in Rotherham (and for that matter in Sheffield too -LOL).

Archived