Old Sheffield pub

sparky2

Can someone please help me? Just been down town with a mate of mine for a couple of pints, went into The Bankers Draught we were looking out of the back window which overlooks the Dove and Rainbow, my mate said when we have drunk these lets pop in there, I hav'nt been in for years. We went in and what a dump, it is impossible to explain it you need to see it to believe what it's like. When we came out and looked at the back of The Bankers Draught we both remembered the pub that was once there but neither of could think of the name. I am going back a good number of years, the pub was part of what was the bank building in the square ( can't even remember the name of that either) can anyone help please? mainly the nane of the pub also the name of the square. Thanks hopefully.

the Dove and Rainbow was also known for a time as the "Tut' n' Shive" or something, ("Tap 'n' Spile"?perhaps) wasn't it?

I remember it years ago, in my drinking days with the half-a-caravan serving hatch, but even through the name change, I still called it the D&R! lol

the Dove and Rainbow was also known for a time as the "Tut' n' Shive" or something, ("Tap 'n' Spile"?perhaps) wasn't it?

I remember it years ago, in my drinking days with the half-a-caravan serving hatch, but even through the name change, I still called it the D&R! lol

It was the Tut 'n' Shive for a bit, but there was another Dove and Rainbow which was demolished in Hartshead in the late Fifties.

was it the ball,or bell?

there was an "Old Blue Bell" but that was on High street, with an alleyway that led out round the back of the Star/ old Quaker meeting house. could it have been that?

(or the Golden ball? but that was right the way along campo lane)

Archived