Old Sheffield pub

sparky2

the Dove and Rainbow was also known for a time as the "Tut' n' Shive" or something, ("Tap 'n' Spile"?perhaps) wasn't it?

I remember it years ago, in my drinking days with the half-a-caravan serving hatch, but even through the name change, I still called it the D&R! lol

Hi PT - the Tap 'n' Spile was at the bottom of Waingate.

the Dove and Rainbow was also known for a time as the "Tut' n' Shive" or something, ("Tap 'n' Spile"?perhaps) wasn't it?

I remember it years ago, in my drinking days with the half-a-caravan serving hatch, but even through the name change, I still called it the D&R! lol

Dove & rainbow is a decent place i think, love the park benches inside.

Slightly off topic but 'Plain Talker' you remind me of the Little Britain character called 'mrs vicar', only appeared in the odd show.

Hi PT - the Tap 'n' Spile was at the bottom of Waingate.

Indeed it was for a few years, before becoming the Tap 'n' Barrel. I remember the old landlord from Harrogate when he ran the Tap 'n' Spile there in the very early 90's, which was just about the time I was first actually legally allowed to buy beer.

It was the first place I drank "Titanic Wreckage".

Just reminiscing.

If as Harryhippy says that there was another Dove & Rianbow then that must have been it but to be honest I don't remember it being called that. If he is right in what he says about the name it wasn't demolished, it is now the rear entry to the Bankers Draught, it is on the left hand side at the top of the alley way up the side of Argos.

Archived