Old Sheffield pub

sparky2

If as Harryhippy says that there was another Dove & Rianbow then that must have been it but to be honest I don't remember it being called that. If he is right in what he says about the name it wasn't demolished, it is now the rear entry to the Bankers Draught, it is on the left hand side at the top of the alley way up the side of Argos.

It was called The Barrel, one of two of that name in the town center, the other was opposite Central Tec, latterly the education offices.

We went in and what a dump, it is impossible to explain it you need to see it to believe what it's like.

The Dove is a rock/biker bar, it's hardly going to be furnished with carpets and padded seats ffs. All rock bars are like that

Sparky 2, have you tried looking on the 'Picture Sheffield' website and searching for Hartshead on there?

There are loads of old photographs of different areas of Sheffield on the site so maybe you might find the pub you're thinking of.

Thanks a lot going to have a look there right now.

Can someone please help me? Just been down town with a mate of mine for a couple of pints, went into The Bankers Draught we were looking out of the back window which overlooks the Dove and Rainbow, my mate said when we have drunk these lets pop in there, I hav'nt been in for years. We went in and what a dump, it is impossible to explain it you need to see it to believe what it's like. When we came out and looked at the back of The Bankers Draught we both remembered the pub that was once there but neither of could think of the name. I am going back a good number of years, the pub was part of what was the bank building in the square ( can't even remember the name of that either) can anyone help please? mainly the nane of the pub also the name of the square. Thanks hopefully.

The Dove, was called the Tut 'n' Shive, over 10yrs back

if you think its a Dump now, they only refurbished it last your arround november!!!

they just painted it the same colour.

Plus point good live music, and no people waring fake gold :hihi:

Can someone please help me? Just been down town with a mate of mine for a couple of pints, went into The Bankers Draught we were looking out of the back window which overlooks the Dove and Rainbow, my mate said when we have drunk these lets pop in there, I hav'nt been in for years. We went in and what a dump, it is impossible to explain it you need to see it to believe what it's like. When we came out and looked at the back of The Bankers Draught we both remembered the pub that was once there but neither of could think of the name. I am going back a good number of years, the pub was part of what was the bank building in the square ( can't even remember the name of that either) can anyone help please? mainly the nane of the pub also the name of the square. Thanks hopefully.

Don't know if this helps but in the 60s we used to go in the Old Blue Bell that had a back entrance into Harts head then we could walk accross to the Dove and Rainbow also in Harts Head. At that time though the Bankers Draught was the Midland Bank but the back entrance would be in Harts Head also.

Don't know if this helps but in the 60s we used to go in the Old Blue Bell that had a back entrance into Harts head then we could walk accross to the Dove and Rainbow also in Harts Head. At that time though the Bankers Draught was the Midland Bank but the back entrance would be in Harts Head also.

Not sure that's the pub I am trying to think of. The pub in question was where the back entrance to the Bankers Draught is now, same buiding as Midland Bank but the pub at the back was, at that time nothing to do with the bank.

No it isn't the Old Blue Bell what I am thinking of, just remembered that was on High Street. I am going back to the 60s so you need to be getting on a bit like myself. Thanks to everyone who has tried to help with this, this is what is great about The Forum.

Thanks.

Archived