Old Sheffield pub

sparky2

I do remember the hen & chickens but can't remember where it was, I know it's in that area but not certain where. There was a pub where I have mentioned, I can see it now, all the back entrace to the Bankers Draught was it. I'm sure we are going to have close this thread now people will be getting fed up. When I find the name I'll come back to it. Thanks everyone who has helped.

Can someone please help me? Just been down town with a mate of mine for a couple of pints, went into The Bankers Draught we were looking out of the back window which overlooks the Dove and Rainbow, my mate said when we have drunk these lets pop in there, I hav'nt been in for years. We went in and what a dump, it is impossible to explain it you need to see it to believe what it's like. When we came out and looked at the back of The Bankers Draught we both remembered the pub that was once there but neither of could think of the name. I am going back a good number of years, the pub was part of what was the bank building in the square ( can't even remember the name of that either) can anyone help please? mainly the nane of the pub also the name of the square. Thanks hopefully.

cant remember what the bankers was called but whats wrong with Dove and Rainbow? its far better than the bankers thats for sure

You've got to keep this going now sparky2, to pull the plug would be worse than evil. I've got to say I've enjoyed it up to now, got to be like going a couple of rounds with somebody like Mike Tyson in his prime. Who was it who mentioned the 'Dove and Rianbow', now that's a new one, a Celtic theme pub, yeah.

Aprox what year are you talking about because me and husband cant remember another pub round there and I thought that he knew them all.Or perhaps you had that many drinks your memory played tricks.

i agree don't remember another pub in hartshead other than the dove which had its name changed several times,

Archived