Anyone remember Allan and Jean Smythe?

Miss_S_83

No real reason for asking really (relatives of mine). Used to live on Fairfax Ave. (or something similar) near Manor then Norfolk Park before moving to S19 (now S20) in the early 80's. 2 children, 1 boy 1 girl. Maiden name Roberts (Jean).

I believe Allan (my grandfather) worked on the buses for a while and was in the Yorks & Lincs branch of the army for a while in the 50s I think, was in Egypt and other places for a while. He worked at BT for many years and Jean worked at Fulwood hospital and RHH for years too.

Anyone known them?

x

• 1 month later...
No real reason for asking really (relatives of mine). Used to live on Fairfax Ave. (or something similar) near Manor then Norfolk Park before moving to S19 (now S20) in the early 80's. 2 children, 1 boy 1 girl. Maiden name Roberts (Jean).

I believe Allan (my grandfather) worked on the buses for a while and was in the Yorks & Lincs branch of the army for a while in the 50s I think, was in Egypt and other places for a while. He worked at BT for many years and Jean worked at Fulwood hospital and RHH for years too.

Anyone known them?

x

Yes I knew them, I used to live on Fairfax road,Iwas a few years younger than them, the same age as Alans sister Sheila,sometimes see Jean in crystal peaks.

Sorry to have give you some bad news, but Alan passed away approx 3/4 years ago.

His son also worked for BT as I did. I worked with Alan occasionally, very pleasant and easy going.

Hi, yes he was my Grandad, he died in Dec 03 god rest his soul. Suppose I was searching for people who may have known him , no idea why!! Glad to hear you liked him, sort of comforting.. I do miss him but there you go, I am sure he'd want me to get on with life.

xx

Just remembered and its something worth mentioning about Alan. He received the Military Medal for bravery whilst under enemy fire. Can't remember which conflict however, could have been Aden, but not sure.

Aww that's nice to know! I am sure it would have been mentioned before when I was younger but my memory is rubbish sometimes.. I know he did serve in the Army in Egypt... int he 50's??? Bless him, I wish he was still here.x

Archived