Forbidden love...

Only religion or bigotry can put you in that position.

:roll: Cue the rubbish from rat again... :roll:

I was going out with my first bloke, some years ago, and My poppa (who was a very good judge of people) cottoned on, really quickly, to the fact that this bloke was a 24 carat so-and-so, and that he was a prize loser/ louse/ lowlife.

My poppa forbade me to continue going out with him.

like all teenagers, the fact that my father was so against him, made him much more enticing.

I left home, rather than give him up, even though, at that time he was starting to show an inkling of the swine he would prove to be.

Eventually, after taking beatings from him and various other threats, lke arson etc, and some time in a battered-wives' refuge, I finally managed to break free from him, and escape.

Nothing to do with religion, nothing to do with bigotry.

I was going out with my first bloke, some years ago, and My poppa (who was a very good judge of people) cottoned on, really quickly, to the fact that this bloke was a 24 carat so-and-so, and that he was a prize loser/ louse/ lowlife.

like all teenagers, the fact that my father was so against him, made him much more enticing.

I left home, rather than give him up, even though, at that time he was starting to show an inkling of the swine he would prove to be.

Eventually, after taking beatings from him and various other threats, lke arson etc, and some time in a battered-wives' refuge, I finally managed to break free from him, and escape.

just a bad judge of character p/t eh ?

thats the trouble you see,we as young un's same as those today think the old uns know nowt,when the truth is,they have already been there and done everything we think they know nowt about, so we never take their advice until its to late

thats the trouble you see,we as young un's same as those today think the old uns know nowt,when the truth is,they have already been there and done everything we think they know nowt about, so we never take their advice until its to late

It's funny you should say that, depoix...

Do you know, when I was fifteen or sixteen, I thought my dad knew nothing about anything....:x

When I reached 25, or 26, I realised, "do you know, he actually might know something here...?":huh::suspect:

It's astounding how much my dad learnt in those ten years!!!:smile::surprised:smile:

My poppa is amazing, depoix.

He can weigh someone up, like "that" *snaps fingers*.

He can suss someone out within minutes of meeting them as to whether they are trustworthy, or a slimeball or whatever... I can't get my breath how accurate he is!

My poppa is amazing, depoix.

He can weigh someone up, like "that" *snaps fingers*.

He can suss someone out within minutes of meeting them as to whether they are trustworthy, or a slimeball or whatever... I can't get my breath how accurate he is!

You should charge people for his skills and let him interview prospective partners for people at a reasonable rate...

So you would get it on with a Catholic, say and marry him? Funny how I was wrong when I predicted the OP's dilemma though?

I really admire from afar, someone i work with. We make each other laugh all the time, get on brilliantly and confide in each other, but he's married with kids and i get the feeling he's just together for them. He came out tonight with me and a friend and wanted to stay out, but couldnt in case he was seen with a woman. I understand , but i know he wanted to, he said so. I'll see him on monday and we will pretend its just friendly, but we both know, and nothing will ever happen.:( its sad but i love that he's faithful and a good father.

Archived