The Carrier-Bag Ban...Please Join in!!

Hello, Just wanted to let people know about the carrier bag ban, like Marks and Spencer many other local shops are joining in and charging a small amount for reusable 'Bags for Life'

Please show your support for your community by buying a Bag for Life or taking your own bags with you to the shop, as this helps to clean up the community!! Thanks!! :)

i have two coats i mainly wear and they have large pouch pockets on the front.....when i go to the local shops i put most of the smaller stuff in those (like 5 bags of crisps or a couple of cans of beer etc

instead of getting a carrier everytime

I've carried a carrier bag in my briefcase or shoulder bag for years for 'random' shopping, but have to admit to using carriers (as few as possible) for my weekly 'big' shop.

I really should get my act together! :)

We only have carrier bags in the house when we've bought something unexpected. I have a large jute carrier full of cloth bags and bags for life that lives in the back of the car most of the time. All of the carrier bags that were in the house have long since been used as bin bags or whatever, which now means that there are no carriers hanging about in my house at all any more.

I usually take my own bags when I do my weekly food shop, but there are occasions when I realise I need a few things and don't have a bag with me. I keep trying to remind myself to make sure I've got spare bags in the boot of the car for those occasions.

I like carrier bags, they're like free bin-liners. Is that wrong?

I agree! I ALWAYS use my carrier bags as bin bags - I live alone in an apartment, the bin store is a good walk away so carrier bags are the perfect size. Surely using carrier bags as bin bags cuts down on the use of 'official' bin liners or is there a difference in the material they are made of?

Archived