Prisoner of war camps sheffield

roger

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I am a post graduate student at the University of Sheffield. I am working on a project about the POW in Lodge moor and I got into contact with a lady that translated a German prisoner's diary during WWII. But I am interested in finding and interviewing people or families who were directly involved in the lodge moor camp or had relatives living in the camp during WWII. My deadline is the end of this week so I appreciate contacting me as soon as possible.

Please contact me by replying to this message or send me an email to: dima.hamdallah@gmail.com

Thanks

Dima

Hi all

I am a post graduate student at the University of Sheffield. I am working on a project about the POW in Lodge moor and I got into contact with a lady that translated a German prisoner's diary during WWII. But I am interested in finding and interviewing people or families who were directly involved in the lodge moor camp or had relatives living in the camp during WWII. My deadline is the end of this week so I appreciate contacting me as soon as possible.

Please contact me by replying to this message or send me an email to: dima.hamdallah@gmail.com

Thanks

Dima

Look Here Or is this you too? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Very good informative video, thanks! The footage of the place as it is now brings back so many memories for me, especially my late dad, me, my wife and kids walking our dogs through there over so many years. Virtually my last memory of my dad was walking 'Gyp' there one sunny summers evening a few days before he died. I 'inherited' Gyp after that and returned every weekend to walk him in that eerie and thought provoking place.

Has anyone ever noticed the half buried ringbolts on the perimeter. My dad always said that they were used to secure the barbed wire fences. Hope that's true.

Archived