Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

We used to go in pubs years ago, wouldnt step in one now, the only good thing about pubs today is some serve decent food, and you dont have to eat in in a haze of some ignoramous's smoke, right we've finished our food so we'll have a fag :rant:

Most pubs today are filled with the younger end, while i dont mind the younger end (well some) some are like animals when they're drinking, i dont want to be amongst that :)

Thats probably why you dont see many middle aged people in pubs today (so im informed) :)

we have lost The Sicey hotel, Shiregreen Hotel and The Horse shoe, not to mention the Huntsman...plus I was shocked to see many darnall pubs shut too, wellington, Duke of York and what the hell happened to the Enfield? was there last week, now it's a pile of rubble.

Terrible shame, lost the heart of our communities.

yes i agree, what about the roman ridge and dallas bar aswell, theres only the pheasant, penguin and wharncliffe now and there all miles away from each other

We went to a pub in South Wales a couple of weeks ago, at 4 pm one rainy weekday afternoon. We'd just settled at the bar when the door opened and Mum, Dad and 2 under 5's came in. The kids raced, screaming around the pub, whilst the parents shouted after them from time to time, but otherwise ignored them. 15 minutes later, another family with small children came in. The bedlam was too much for us and for the 4 middle-aged people sitting chatting at a table the kids were running round and round and we left. At no time did either set of parents ask the children to be quiet. Between the 6 adults, we would have spent around £40+ if we'd been left in peace to have a couple of drinks each. If pubs would rather serve families (whose children didn't have a drink at all) and put off other who want a drink and a chat, I'm not surprised many of them are losing business.

We went to a pub in South Wales a couple of weeks ago, at 4 pm one rainy weekday afternoon. We'd just settled at the bar when the door opened and Mum, Dad and 2 under 5's came in. The kids raced, screaming around the pub, whilst the parents shouted after them from time to time, but otherwise ignored them. 15 minutes later, another family with small children came in. The bedlam was too much for us and for the 4 middle-aged people sitting chatting at a table the kids were running round and round and we left. At no time did either set of parents ask the children to be quiet. Between the 6 adults, we would have spent around £40+ if we'd been left in peace to have a couple of drinks each. If pubs would rather serve families (whose children didn't have a drink at all) and put off other who want a drink and a chat, I'm not surprised many of them are losing business.

Couldnt agree more, and its not just in pubs that other folks have to put up with "mummys little darlings" screaming and generally being a nuisance, its all over now, i think, let them get away with this behaviour, but dont inflict it on other people :rant:

Ban the sale of alcohol except in pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Would that solve the problem?

Solve what problem?

Pubs that close due to no trade, simply means that there is no trade for them.

No call for that particular pub in that location.

Why would you want to stop people being able to have their own drinks at home, such as someone else suggested at bbqs, party's etc.