Pubs closing down in Sheffield area megathread

These pubs round about where i live are still trading.The Bassett, The Beagle, Wordsworth Tavern, Parson Cross Hotel, The Forty Foot, Colley WMC, Lane Top WMC, Southey WMC, The Pheasant (lane top). Think the Railway and The Gate have gone Travellers is still open and White Horse. Last four all at Wadsley Bridge on Halifax Road. Top Red at Greno was open about 4-5 days ago when i went past, as was The Angel and Harrow. Think The Fox is still going on Fox Hill Road as well.

Two brain cells?

Thats rich for someone who posts a word like downloag!

What does your post mean exactly?

Thicko!

Also, I have no intention having an arguement with you on this thread if your posts have nothing to do with the topic.

Try useing an apostraphy THATS.

Have amother pint then go sleep it of :loopy:

Two brain cells?

Thats rich for someone who posts a word like downloag!

What does your post mean exactly?

Thicko!

Also, I have no intention having an arguement with you on this thread if your posts have nothing to do with the topic.

Good lad. Now you are listening. My point made.

My several Bolds :rolleyes:

You mean "Try using an apostrophe, that's. Have another Pint then go sleep it off.... :loopy:

Rich, I think that you might mean "several bolds." No need for a capital B on "bolds". Same with "Pint". Also, if you want to make a point of punctuating somebody else's posts, please do it properly.

the turn of the new year is typically a bad stretch for the pub trade in Sheffield until around Easter, and is only punctuated by Valentine's Day.

would be interested to see if the numbers of pubs for sale/lease start to increase in the next few weeks as more and more publicans find it harder to make ends meet.

there also seems to be a disproportionate amount of Enterprise and Punch properties in distress. some of the tenanted estate belonging to the smaller pubcos (Admiral, Greene King etc) seem to be doing better. however, this is only a personal observation as i have been unable to substantiate this with hard numbers.

My several Bolds :rolleyes:

You mean "Try using an apostrophe, that's. Have another Pint then go sleep it off.... :loopy:

hearlon will help you with your English as you ceretainly need it. I would go as far as to say some of it is childish. Do not try to act intelligent when it is clear to see you are far from it.

I see the pub lease for sale sign is over the red lion at heeley.[/quote

Is this the only thing happening in your miserable life looking at for sale signs on pub buildings. Get a life.

Yes, Fudbeer!

Get a life!

I mean....Pubs closing down......that's not what this entire thread's about, is it?!

Oh.....it is......